Replacement Windows in Monmouth County, NJ

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
joestein514

Replacement Windows in Monmouth County, NJ

#1 Post by joestein514 »

I just moved into my new home in Marlboro, NJ (Monmouth County).

The windows are builders grade from 20 years ago and need to be replaced. Some are sagging and none of them open easily.

I have RAB and Pella coming to give me estimates next week. I have been reading a lot of messages on this board and see that Okna 800 and Soft-lite Elements are frequent recommendations.

Does anybody have a recommendation for dealers/installers in my area who carry Okna and/or Soft-lite?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

toddinmn

Re: Replacement Windows in Monmouth County, NJ

#2 Post by toddinmn »

If vinyl is going to work for you I would concentrate on getting bids more quality vinyl windows. I would cancel getting bids from RBA and Pella As they are both typically way overpriced and lower performing.

joestein514

#3 Post by joestein514 »

I went to see Dave at Doors and More.

I am replacing all the windows in my home(30 double hung plus 4 basement sliders), the back slider and the front door and the half circle on a square windows above the door.

Dave quoted me $675 installed on Soft Lite Imperial LS. I didn't really get the specs on the windows. He wasn't familiar with Soft Lite Elements. He said that Imperial LS is their top windows.

I considering also getting a 8' tall and 6.5' wide 2-door steel/glass entrance door. about $6600.

If I replace the window above the door to match the door - it would be around $5200. If I want a soft-lite it would be around $2600.

He also quoted me $3500 for a soft-lite slider - 6.5' wide X 8' tall. We put in a pella series 750 door from Lowes - 2 years ago in our old house and loved it. He can get that but it would be more money.

What is everybody''s thoughts?

Joe

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

The LS and Element are basically the same window with minor differences. The $675 per opening is a very good and aggressive price. The doors are in range but it is hard to know without knowing the details. My guess it is a pretty good price based on the window quote.

joestein514

#5 Post by joestein514 »

I got call back from the contractor who said the windows were actually Imperial Elite - not LS.

He said they were double pane with low-e and argon.

Joe

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

Thats a very good window and its an excellent price.

uncle eddie

#7 Post by uncle eddie »

Not sure if Id call that an excellent price, but it is awfully low that's for sure. Good window, hopefully you are getting a good install at that price.