Vinyl Window Cost - Installed

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jbell

Vinyl Window Cost - Installed

#1 Post by jbell »

I've been getting quotes for windows and siding near Des Moines Iowa. It seems the contractors don't even bother to measure the windows. All casements and one slider, 10 total windows, 6 of which are mulled units. Both contractors have quoted Alside, which I don't want, at a price of roughly $1800 per opening. That seems very high to me, can someone please chime in? Do all contractors just give a general per/opening price? Thanks. Jeff.

HomeSealed

Re: Vinyl Window Cost - Installed

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Does your total count the mulled units as one window?... or as the number of windows in the opening, ie: twin = 2, triple= 3?

As far as pricing goes, most companies use a structure that simplifies things to some degree for their sales team. Some offer the same price for anything under 101 ui for instance (h+w=UI), other have a few tiers. The sales rep only needs to make sure that he is in the proper pricing tier in those cases, which often can be done by eye. Personally I make my guys measure them anyway for a variety of reasons, but not all companies do.

jbell

#3 Post by jbell »

10 openings, 3 of which are double casements and one sliding door. The $1800 per opening seems quite expensive from what I've read on the forum? Is that accurate? Especially for Alside Ultramaxx or Preservation. Seems high for anything. Thanks

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

So that would be 12 windows and one door. Even in a simplified pricing structure all openings are not created equal.
If you say $1800 per opening in 10 openings, can I assume that your quote was $18k total? In that event you are probably somewhere between $1000-$1200 ish per window. That pricing is in the range of a good product these days, although you can likely find a better option in that range. The installation details, option content, city that you are in, etc all play a substantial role here as well.