OKNA ECO-PRO 600 Series Bid

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
FWFranklin

OKNA ECO-PRO 600 Series Bid

#1 Post by FWFranklin »

Hello All,
In no small part to this forum in leaning towards the Okna Eco-Pro 600 series as my go to replacement window, I now have a bid to replace the windows in my house. Was hoping to see what the consensus was on the pricing I received. I will say the company that would be doing the install seems to have an excellent rep, with over 30 years in the business. The sales person wasn't pushy at all, and delivered his quote when he said he would. Here is the pricing (window and installation):
Double Hungs 32X60: $714 per (adding grids would be an additional $40 per)
Sliding 64X60: $914 per( adding grids would be an additional $40 per)

I hope this provides enough for any feedback. I guess the last question is, based on your experience, is there sometimes wiggle room in terms of pricing? I do plan on paying with a check (or cash). Not financing. Thanks in advance for any info!

Ricknez

Re: OKNA ECO-PRO 600 Series Bid

#2 Post by Ricknez »

Wiggle room ???? That is extremely cheap pricing and the grid price you were given is ridiculous and from the year 2008. Unless you want the company to look more closely at their bid and realize they made a mistake, I would’nt be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

FWFranklin

#3 Post by FWFranklin »

Ricknez wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:06 pm Wiggle room ???? That is extremely cheap pricing and the grid price you were given is ridiculous and from the year 2008. Unless you want the company to look more closely at their bid and realize they made a mistake, I would’nt be looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Hi Ricknez,
Understood, that is why I asked. I appreciate the insight, and the straightforward answer...Thanks!

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Ricknez has a way of just giving it to you straight. He's kind of a No BS unit.

That said, he is correct. $40, for example, is not even what grids ACTUALLY cost here. And those prices may not be 2008...but they sure as heck are not from post pandemic. That much I know.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Agree with the feedback above. That pricing is very low, and for some reason this company is paying you if you choose grids.... Normally this type of stuff would be enough to induce a red flag about the organization, it wouldn't hurt to double up your research on that end.

In the event that everything checks out, that is a supremely good deal. Maybe he's just trying to hit some sales goals with the end of the year on the horizon, with you as the lucky beneficiary.