EcoMax Vs Starmark 900

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Cokomo

EcoMax Vs Starmark 900

#1 Post by Cokomo »

Had Starmark 900 composite windows installed about 10 years ago. They are terrific in every way. Now, we want 7 more dh double pane and found out the dealer has changed to another company. Was told the equivalent window (with a few minor improvements) is now called EcoMax, .25 U-Factor (same). I believe Okna calls it the 7500 series. Anyone here have any info on this? Is the EcoMax a top tier window? Also looking @ Marvin Elements and Softlite Imperial Elite. ProVia is being presented as a top choice by more than 1 dealer but I notice it's not well liked here. I would like to know if the EcoMax is rated higher than any Okna series? Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: EcoMax Vs Starmark 900

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not familiar with that window. The "new" Starmark is actually called the "Evo". Is there a reason that they cannot source those?

Marvin Elements is also a window I am not familiar with.

Cokomo

#3 Post by Cokomo »

I think the Evo Max is the EcoMax but can't confirm . Trying to find out who the Boston area Okna dealer is like searching for the Holy Grail. Marvin and ProVia dealers are going above and beyond to get the business All i want is a n Okna patio door, an exterior door and 7 dh windows to replace old Anderson casements. Plus the windows might be open a few hours a year. It makes me wonder if I should just get picture windows or look into Indow inserts to see if they reduce the draft. It's easier buying a car than windows. Not good when a car salesman is more trustworthy than a window salesman ....

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Marvin Elements is the new name for what used to be called Wood Ultrex. It is a fiberglass exterior with wood interior.
You will do better with a high performance vinyl window.

Cokomo

#5 Post by Cokomo »

Correct . My mistake. It’s called Marvin Essentials (wo the interior wood) but I thought it was vinyl . About to give up on Okna but I saw and really liked their patio door . Will look into Sof-Lite . How is their patio door compared to the Okna? ProVia patio door? Thanks

Cokomo

#6 Post by Cokomo »

Correct . My mistake. It’s called Marvin Essentials (wo the interior wood) but I thought it was vinyl . About to give up on Okna but I saw and really liked their patio door . Will look into Sof-Lite . How is their patio door compared to the Okna? ProVia patio door? Thanks

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I will find out who the Okna dealers are in Boston for you.

The Marvin Essential line is all fiberglass.

I think the best SGD is the Okna.

Cokomo

#8 Post by Cokomo »

Thank you . Is there a way to pm ?

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Who are you trying to contact?

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

If the window that you are being proposed is the 7500 composite from Okna, its a phenomenal window in every way regardless of whether they call it ECO, EVO, or whatever. In comparison to the old 900, it has improved performance ratings in every area (thermal and structural), and does so with a slimmer frame and butt joined welds. That window outperforms the Marvin by lightyears, and anyone proposing the Provia window as a "top option" isn't a "top company" IMO. Don't get me wrong, there are other great windows, but you are only looking at one in this group.

Cokomo

#11 Post by Cokomo »

Windows on Washington wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:20 pm Who are you trying to contact?
You

Cokomo

#12 Post by Cokomo »

I have the sticker from the old 900 and from the limited info I recently received , it looks to be very similar thermally to the rebranded new 7500 series . The fact I don’t really know what I’d be purchasing is troubling. The ProVia brochure should win some sort of award for making their product look awesome . Did the whole research thing 10 years ago, about the time Shucco was starting to go away . The window forum led me to Starmark and my wife still talks about how much she likes them on a monthly basis . Can’t say I mind that . Would like to fill w same or similar in the addition filled w now not so new Andersen casements and patio door .

Windows on Washington

#13 Post by Windows on Washington »

Cokomo wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:22 pm
Windows on Washington wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:20 pm Who are you trying to contact?
You
Roger that.

Email me: enovotny@windowsonwashington.net