Okna Glass Options

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Cokomo

Okna Glass Options

#1 Post by Cokomo »

Looking into Okna dh and casements for a sunroom and would like to know the best glass option for reducing sun and noise? There is also a patio door being replaced. It faces west and the sun and noise isn't as much of a problem as the east and south sides. We would like to have blinds in the patio door and have heard some brands have issues with the blinds breaking . Should we be concerned with the Okna patio door blinds? Do they have a good track record? Do you recommend them? We know it's a costly add-on and will do it as long as we can expect that they last and perform well with daily use.
Thanks.

TheWindowNerd

Re: Okna Glass Options

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The blinds between the glass on the sliding glass door are with a limited ten year warranty.
We have not had problems with them.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Maybe had one door with some issues and it was noted immediately and replaced right away.

With regards to noise, laminated is the best you can do inside the family of normal products. What are you replacing?

Where is the home/climate?

Cokomo

#4 Post by Cokomo »

Just outside of Boston. The Starmarks are double pane and they have done well to reduce the noise enough to make it a non issue. Have decided on triple pane w argon. Replacing 30 year old Andersen casements. 2 three lites facing east and south . A two lite facing west . None of these windows will be open more than a few hours a year . The patio door faces west also and will get lots of use. Only real decision is whether to switch to the 800 double hungs or go with the Okna casements? Wouldn’t have grids in the casements but would probably add them with dh .

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

I like OKNA's "sunseal" solar control glass option more than triple-glazed for casements as it reduces the weight of the operable casement sash in regard to potential future sag. It will off a little more UV blocking too.

Ricknez

#6 Post by Ricknez »

Th casement that okna offers is thoroughly tested to handle the slight increase in weight by adding triple pane glass. I would not let the thought of extra weight from triple pane affect your decision. I have had triple pane casements on my porch for almost 10 years with no issues. The “ sun seal “ option from okna also seems like a great option as well.

Cokomo

#7 Post by Cokomo »

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like casements make the most sense . I’ll bring up the Solar glass option next week when deal is finalized. The contractor has a great rep and has been an Okna dealer for 25+ years.