Soft-lite Element quote

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
kassonvike

Soft-lite Element quote

#1 Post by kassonvike »

So I have a quote from a company I have worked with before and trust but I'm wondering if the price is too high?

27 windows, all double hung, one is a twin double hung.

Price is for insert window and installation (double pane Soft-lite Elements).
They all range from 1,065 - 1,165 per window with variances in size and 11 coming with a colonial grid insert.
The twin is $1745
Double Pane Total 30,590 (will likely be more like 29,000 if we do it all at once any pay within 2 weeks of completion)
Triple pane windows quote = $34K for same 27 windows.

This seems kind of high to me but not crazy high. I'm trying to get some more bids to at least have some comparisons. I did look at home depot here and there are lots of recent jobs/bids that were accepted on Simonton windows that were all a little over 1K per window (this seemed crazy to me). I think I'm looking at a better window and I won't get a random installer. I guess I don't know if they were inserts or not.

We also have a large patio opening we need to replace. The same company quoted 11,510 for 2 sets of Waudena patio french doors all glass (one will be fixed and the other functional with a spacer in between). They will need to replace entire frame and also do some work on rotted subfloor.
$11,500

Only other frame of reference I have is that this same window company quoted me some replacement costs for some of these same windows but at the time they were only installing Pro-via Aspects and at that time the costs were around $700 per window. Different window, different time.

HomeSealed

Re: Soft-lite Element quote

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

kassonvike wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:02 pm Different window, different time.
Exactly.

That pricing is right within the normal range. Some higher, some a little lower but not much... Crazy increases in material and labor costs in the past two years, his margin may actually be lower on the new quote.

kassonvike

Re: Soft-lite Element quote

#3 Post by kassonvike »

Ok, update. I had pretty much made up my mind on the softlite elements but I got a new quote today from a smaller installer that has very good reviews and deals in Provia windows. So now my choices for 28 triple pane double hung windows are:

SoftLite Elements: $31,800 (26 double hung and one twin double hung)
Provia Endure: $26,250 (27 double hung and one case)

Very roughly $5500 difference or very roughly $200 per window.

I'm guessing that might be roughly the expected difference in cost between these two windows but curious people's thoughts.

Thanks again!