Window Replacement Frustration - Am I too Picky?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
HomeSealed

Re: Window Replacement Frustration - Am I too Picky?

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

FLHomeowner33618 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:10 pm …it seems that agreement that it’s probably more of just bad finish work.
No, I think we all agree that is the best case scenario here, but you could have larger problems. Honestly the more I see, the more I do not like.

You haven't answered whether this is a reputable company that you worked with. Nobody will bite your head off if its not, but that piece of info would also dictate which direction you should go moving forward.

TheWindowNerd

#17 Post by TheWindowNerd »

This has the look of the lowest bid was taken.
or
A bad crew showed up.

uncle eddie

#18 Post by uncle eddie »

There's an old saying something like : two blind guys and one armed dwarf make one competent installer, but if that is the case, your install crew was one blind guy short. Or maybe the dwarf had no arms at all.
This. is. a. mess.

FLHomeowner33618

#19 Post by FLHomeowner33618 »

It is a reputable company. $50,000 for 9 openings. Wasn’t the highest or lowest of the 6 bids I had gotten (actually a little more toward the higher end.). With all the backlog, it was a project I ordered last June.
I looked at all the business sites like BBB, etc and went through all their reviews…google, facebook, yelp, etc. No red flags.

Thank you all for your feedback. I was mostly concerned that the company told me I was being too picky and I just felt it was a bad job. I’m not going insane. Lol.

Thanks again…this board has been very helpful!!

TheWindowNerd

#20 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Based on that you need to have a serious conversation with management/ownership about what they can and will do to correct your project failures.

HomeSealed

#21 Post by HomeSealed »

TheWindowNerd wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:38 am Based on that you need to have a serious conversation with management/ownership about what they can and will do to correct your project failures.
Exactly.