Weight Pockets

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
billyself

Weight Pockets

#1 Post by billyself »

Best way to insulate weight pockets? I've heard prices from $25-50 per window using batt. Was quoted flat $1600 fee to insulate 14 windows with low expansion foam. Does anyone use cellulose or anything else that is blown in? I'm assuming the foam is the most efficient, but can't see myself paying $115 per window to pay for it...

Windows on Washington

Re: Weight Pockets

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Meh. I would just use the batts and make sure the window is sealed to the window frame. The reality is that you are only impacting the air tightness in that one stud bay and I have seen foam continue to cure and ooze after installation in the case of large void spaces.

billyself

#3 Post by billyself »

Windows on Washington wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:30 pm Meh. I would just use the batts and make sure the window is sealed to the window frame. The reality is that you are only impacting the air tightness in that one stud bay and I have seen foam continue to cure and ooze after installation in the case of large void spaces.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the reply 👍

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

My pleasure.

Let us know how it goes.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

100%, go with the batt insulation.