MI Windows & Doors /Sunrise acquisition

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
NWOhioPat

MI Windows & Doors /Sunrise acquisition

#1 Post by NWOhioPat »

I am just beginning my research for replacement windows for my home.
I am very interested in Sunrise Windows, but noted they were acquired by MI WINDOWS in 12/2020. Before I get too deep into Sunrise, has anyone noted quality issues or concern since the buy out? I always get a bit Leary when one company gets eaten by another.

-NW Ohio/Toledo area.

thank you for your thoughts.

Windows on Washington

Re: MI Windows & Doors /Sunrise acquisition

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

No more issues with them than with any other vendor over this last crazy couple of years.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Sunrise will still be the same high quality product and MI will still be the same lower end product. I wouldnt worry.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

DE Mike will have the most up to date experience for you.

NWOhioPat

#5 Post by NWOhioPat »

thank you for the comments.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

If Harbor Freight purchased Snap On................ You will be fine with regular windows or patio sliders. Do not even consider a bay, bow, or garden window as they changed vendors to build them and the current ones belong in the centerfold of Fangoria magazine.

NWOhioPat

#7 Post by NWOhioPat »

Delaware Mike wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:57 pm If Harbor Freight purchased Snap On................ You will be fine with regular windows or patio sliders. Do not even consider a bay, bow, or garden window as they changed vendors to build them and the current ones belong in the centerfold of Fangoria magazine.
thank you- that stinks as I do have a bow included in my replacement list.

side note: Wow- understanding replacements is much more entailed that I ever imagined... part of me feels, based on reading recommendation products here, that quality product windows arent available in the Toledo area, :shock:

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

NWOhioPat wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:31 am
Delaware Mike wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:57 pm If Harbor Freight purchased Snap On................ You will be fine with regular windows or patio sliders. Do not even consider a bay, bow, or garden window as they changed vendors to build them and the current ones belong in the centerfold of Fangoria magazine.

side note: Wow- understanding replacements is much more entailed that I ever imagined... part of me feels, based on reading recommendation products here, that quality product windows arent available in the Toledo area, :shock:
You have got to be kidding! No quality products in Toledo Ohio ! You have every high quality brand available there.

Randy

#9 Post by Randy »

"If Harbor Freight purchased Snap On”
:lol:

I can’t imagine a more apt analogy.

NWOhioPat

#10 Post by NWOhioPat »

masterext wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:01 am
NWOhioPat wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:31 am

You have got to be kidding! No quality products in Toledo Ohio ! You have every high quality brand available there.
Sorry for my ignorance, Masterext. As I noted, Im just on my beginning of researching my options here. So far, several of the highly reviewed windows I've noted on the site, dont have dealers in the Toledo area (at least not listed on the web sites). You note we have a very high quality brand here, might I ask you to share that brand name?

masterext

#11 Post by masterext »

Im only kidding with you. You have soft lite, okna, polaris, sunrise, and I think kensington.

WindowsDirectCinci

#12 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

I have 2 bays and a bow in my warehouse house now and they look excellent. I haven't had or seen any issues with the switch of vendors. Sunrise was making their own bay/bow frames in house but they started to outsource them like most companies do these days. like I said no qc issues so far for me

TheWindowNerd

#13 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If ya could get Okna/HighMark they still make their bay/bows in house. You can't currently get a sliding glass door from them, second time in a year they ran out of essential parts.

NWOhioPat

#14 Post by NWOhioPat »

TheWindowNerd wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:21 pm If ya could get Okna/HighMark they still make their bay/bows in house. You can't currently get a sliding glass door from them, second time in a year they ran out of essential parts.
Thank you- ya, I reached out directly to Okna- no dealers in my area :(

If it's not too much trouble, might I ask if there are specific issues with the bow/bay's? Windowsdirectcinci mentioned not seeing a current issue.. But certainly would love to get information to raise my awareness.

Ricknez

#15 Post by Ricknez »

Since windowdirectcincy is the only true sunrise dealer here, i would take his word. I have used sunrise on more than a few occasions including a large bow window and never had one issue. Its a solid product offering.