Okna Window measurements

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Mike61

Okna Window measurements

#1 Post by Mike61 »

What Kind of allowances does give on double hung windows?
I have 28" x 70" windows what dimensions will Okna make them at after allowances?

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna Window measurements

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

They can make them any size or increment you want as long as they are within their size minimums and maximums. Any increment of 1/8" of inch.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Who ever is installing should know what allowance they want.

I get guys all the time who give me either a RO or SO and want me to figure out the FS, nope, that is for the installer to do.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

TheWindowNerd wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:48 am Who ever is installing should know what allowance they want.

I get guys all the time who give me either a RO or SO and want me to figure out the FS, nope, that is for the installer to do.
AMEN.

Okna and all other manufacturers build windows to the specifications that they are ordered. This is information that is coming directly from, or on behalf of whomever is installing.

If this is brand new construction and you are ordering based on RO, its common to subtract 1/2" in each direction ( so from blueprint to window size that translates as 20/40 > 24" x 48" > 23.5" x 47.5".
With that said, even in new construction its important for the party installing to have input on exactly how the windows will come.

Mike61

#5 Post by Mike61 »

Thank you for the info

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

It’s all about communication. I for example like my sills tapered. If the framer tilts there framing vs adding a tapered sill if they don’t will reflect how I order my height.