replacement casement window options?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
57ringo

replacement casement window options?

#1 Post by 57ringo »

I have eleven 40 year old Crestline casement windows in my house in eastern ks that need replaced. I've had bids for Marvin infinity and Provia Endure so far but from researching it looks like Softlite, Sunrise, Okna would be a better choice. Of course every salesman says their windows are the best. I want windows with good spec ratings. I thought about going to the Greater Kansas City home show in the Bartle Hall convention center in March to see what was there too. What series of each of these windows should I consider? I've read good reviews on the Okna 700 but does anyone sell these, Sunrise or Soft-lite in my area? Does one have better ( or worse) warranty or customer service than the others? Do they run $ specials on them during the shows or any certain time of the year? Any help is appreciated.

WindowsDirectCinci

Re: replacement casement window options?

#2 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

I'm sure you could get all of those products in your area & it looks like your considering some good choices.... Going to a homeshow is a great way to see products almost side by side and get a feel for the quality of each. I would start there. Im a big fan of the design of the Sunrise casements. If you contact the brands you're considering the manufacturer could send you some recommended companies in your area.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sunrise and Soft-Lite both make a solid casement as well.

57ringo

#4 Post by 57ringo »

What series Sunrise and Soft-Lite should I be looking for?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

They only have one casement series.

57ringo

#6 Post by 57ringo »

Lately when I started looking for replacement windows (white inside and out casement with installation), I was leaning towards Marvin to start with. One company quoted me Marvin Infinity for $39,800 & Provia Endure low E triple pane for $23,400 and dual pane for $21,800 & said in his opinion, he preferred the Provia and said he thought they were the best vinyl window on the market and had a lot better warranty than the Marvin window. Another company quoted the same Provia triple pane for $35,000. Another company quoted $32,700 for the same Marvin windows. From what I've researched, neither of these spec out as well as Sunrise, Soft-Lite & Okna and prices are all over the place for the same windows.
Last edited by 57ringo on Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Endure is fine...but sure as the day is long is NOT the best vinyl windows on the market.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I doubt you had two companies quoting Marvin Infinite. More than likely Marvin Infinite was one and Essentials was the other. Almost the same window, Infinite dealers almost always are more espensive due to their marketing model.

57ringo

#9 Post by 57ringo »

They both say Marvin Infinity on the bids.

57ringo

#10 Post by 57ringo »

Have you heard of Enerluxwindows from Crete Nebraska that sell a fiberglass window?

TheWindowNerd

#11 Post by TheWindowNerd »

How old is the company?
I like the look and design.
It is a 20/10 warranty. 20 years on seal failure Cardinal glass, 10 years on hardware.
What is pricing compared to Infinite?

57ringo

#12 Post by 57ringo »

They show specs at the bottom the bottom this link https://enerluxwindows.com/fiberglass-casement-windows/ I didn't ask them how long they've been in business today. They said the windows were 100% pultruded fiberglass closed back foam filled and said their glass panes were 1" apart rather than 1/2"-3/4" like he said others were. 3.9 mm thickness glass for double pane windows and 3.6 mm for triple pane. They have a .01 air leakage rating, .28 U-factor, .26 SHGC, .48 VT
They gave me a bid for $15,950 NOT installed.

57ringo

#13 Post by 57ringo »

Another company selling softlite Elite quoted me $21,400 & said this would be pocket window install and adding a trim board around the inside window.

57ringo

#14 Post by 57ringo »

I had two different companies quote the same Provia Endure triple pane windows the same spec and all....$35,000 from one company and $23,000 from another. You really need to watch out these days...it's ridiculous how much different bids are on the same windows from different companies these days. A person could really get stung.

HomeSealed

#15 Post by HomeSealed »

57ringo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:02 pm I had two different companies quote the same Provia Endure triple pane windows the same spec and all....$35,000 from one company and $23,000 from another. You really need to watch out these days...it's ridiculous how much different bids are on the same windows from different companies these days. A person could really get stung.
That is true, however maybe not the way you think. This industry is consistently number one or number two with the BBB in terms of complaint volume, and the VAST majority of those are folks that took a low price and had a poor experience (or totally ripped off) as such. Yes, there are sharks and price gougers out there, but most of the time it's the low bids that one should be more weary of... A minuscule number of businesses in this space make it past 10 years and its almost always because they don't know how to price their services sustainably -- and thereby creating the need for some of the sales practices that exist.

Another thing to mention (sorry if I missed it in one of the other posts), but I'm thinking that you have more than 11 windows. Would it be accurate to say that you have 11 openings with possibly multiple units within several of them?