Sunrise Warranty- any good?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
sdelphy01

Sunrise Warranty- any good?

#1 Post by sdelphy01 »

I’ve read here many favorable comments on Sunrise windows. However, their current warranty covers zero labor and cost to ship warrantied items, (Link Removed), For even the lowest budget windows I’ve looked at this is included for 2 years. Thoughts?

HomeSealed

Re: Sunrise Warranty- any good?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Manufacturers generally do not cover the labor to install service parts. That is something that you may find covered by the company installing the product more frequently. As far as shipping, similar deal there where they'd ship to the closest dealer (preferably the company that did your installation), but may charge if it needed to be shipped direct to your home which is very uncommon.

All pretty standard procedure.
I'll add that with the exception of a couple of total BS warranties out there (putting a lifetime warranty on a wood window comes to mind), they are all fairly similar. I'd redirect your focus to picking a great product and installation company. Sunrise does make a nice window.

sdelphy01

#3 Post by sdelphy01 »

Thanks. I see many vinyl have 2 year labor and freight which is important to me to cover any initial issues that pop-up. Also looking at Anlin Del Mar vinyl that has lifetime labor and freight (as well as window). Both are from same reputable dealer. Anlin is 20-25% higher so you are paying for it.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I should rephrase my answer by saying yes, it is wise to purchase windows where the service parts, labor to install them, and shipping are covered. In some cases that will be by the manufacturer. In more cases it will be by the installation company.

As long as you do your due diligence in picking a reputable, quality installation company you will be fine either way. In the event that you want the additional coverage from the manufacturer because you intend to have a "side job" type of install (just hypothetically, not saying that you are), that is not a winning formula. The vast majority of window service issues are due to installation, and no manufacturer is going to cover defects in the installation unless they are supplying it as a complete package.

toddinmn

#5 Post by toddinmn »

Kind of like buying a car, you are not typically gonna call up GM and get your service/warranty issues taken care of. I sometimes get request from my manufacturer to ship things to me for customers to pick up when the dealers are no longer is business.
Sunrise is reputable manufacturer and I think they would help to a certain point. A good dealer is key for painless warranty work and shipping charges should not be an issue with a Sunrise dealer.