Multiple quotes and confused

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Wilantonio

Multiple quotes and confused

#1 Post by Wilantonio »

Good evening all. I had 4 quotes for whole house window replacement and I’m hoping for assistance on which window to go with as the prices are all in the same neighborhood. Quote is for 15 double hung and 2 picture windows.
Window World 4000 series $13k
Local company RJT industries Earthwise windows 6000 series: $13k 9000 series: $14.3k
Another local company ProVia endure $14k
And still waiting on another local company quoting me ProVia windows as well. What do you all think? Do these quotes seem fair to you?
FYI, I am leaning towards ProVia and shying away from Window World. What are your thoughts?
Thanks,
Wil

Delaware Mike

Re: Multiple quotes and confused

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Many WW franchises are offering an MI vinyl windows and Earthwise labels in my area are typically Slocumb. I prefer the ProVia Endure or Aspect over those other platforms provided ProVia manufacturers your order correctly quality control wise. There are a bunch of non-direct ProVia exterior roofer types in my area expanding their services into windows that are purchasing ProVia through building supply houses in my area giving ProVia a ton of business. When I come across the exterior capping and finish work, it's more often then not amongst the projects that I'm seeing a total mess. Vetting your potential window dealer's skill set for finish work and overall experience is at the least if not more important then the product selection.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Best piece of advice in a single thought: Keep looking.

Not a fan of any of the 3 products and possible the business model. The reality is that the Provia product is the best of that list by a large margin, however, Provia is sold through building supply. This is not, on its own, a bad thing. It is a bad thing if the contractor doesn't have any long term presence in the market and many of the folks purchasing via supply houses will fit that descriptor.

What are of the country are you in?

Wilantonio

#4 Post by Wilantonio »

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I’m in Frederick county MD.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

At the risk of being self promoting, we service that market. Are the current windows wood or other (i.e. vinyl, metal, etc.).

Feel free to email me: enovotny@windowsonwashington.net

Wilantonio

#6 Post by Wilantonio »

Vinyl windows. 9 with front facing grads and 8 gridless in the rear.

Randy

#7 Post by Randy »

WoW is one of the very best in the business, so if his company is an option, you won’t find a better combination of product quality and installation performance in the DC area.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

+1 to Windows on Washington

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

Randy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:23 pm WoW is one of the very best in the business, so if his company is an option, you won’t find a better combination of product quality and installation performance in the DC area.
Can't say it any better than that. They are one of the best around!

uncle eddie

#10 Post by uncle eddie »

Can't argue with these guys, move on from what you've seen so far, and Wisdows on washington is the man in your area.