NTX Window Replacement Project Elevate Inspire vs Vistamark Supercool

Share your experiences with others
bobbywindows

NTX Window Replacement Project Elevate Inspire vs Vistamark Supercool

#1 Post by bobbywindows »

Hello,

Got a few window quotes for total replacement of 17 windows..

Trying to compare the two brands of windows
Vista Mark - Super Cool Panes Series range from
.29-.30 (U Factor)
.13-.14 (SHGC)
Elevate - Inspire Series.. I cant find the exact brand but I did find performance ratings on the Elevate website
.28-.30 (U Factor)
.20-.23 (SHGC)

How much of a factor is .7-.9 (SHGC) because cost wise its about 17k difference.

You could also say a portion of that is the lifetime warranty vs the 15 year warranty for the cheaper windows, but I believe that would be the lifespan of the windows anyways...

Thank you in advance for your help
Last edited by bobbywindows on Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomeSealed

Re: NTX Window Replacement Project Elevate Inspire vs Vistamark Supercool

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Where are you located? I presume it must be a warm climate?

bobbywindows

#3 Post by bobbywindows »

Yes North Texas. DFW to be specific

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Gotcha. Randy is the TX based pro here on the board, I'll defer to him on the specifics of those products and the best application for your area. I'm sure he'll chime in at some point.

The only other thing I'd say is that it's highly unlikely that $17k is based on product alone. Check to make sure that the options (colors, etc) and installation type are apples to apples.

Beyond that, you may have one or the other that is an outlier, as one could be high, but one could also be low.
For instance, on 17 windows, if one quote is $8k and the other is $25k, the lower quote would be the red flag. If its the opposite and the low quote is $20k and the high quote is $37k, the high one would probably be the outlier unless it has a Cadillac option package and difficult installation. Do both companies check out in terms of a reasonably long history (10+ years would be ideal), and mostly good reviews on google and other sites?

Randy

#5 Post by Randy »

Honestly, I’m not a fan of either. Notice that the Super Cool Panes packages has a VLT of 28%, which means that it will greatly reduce the amount of light coming into your home, and will not be very aesthetically appealing IMO. It’s probably Cardinal’s 340 glass, and while the ability of that glass to block heat is tremendous, but it’s not worth the additional costs, particularly considering the significant reduction in light.

Additionally, the Endura series uses a pocket sill which is never a good design.

I’d recommend looking at NT Windows. Their Presidential, Energy Master or Traditions lines are good choices for a mid-grade vinyl window. A decent quality vinyl window with Cardinal’s LowE366 will serve you fine.

bobbywindows

#6 Post by bobbywindows »

Randy thank you for the reply. My wife has a ton of plants so she would appreciate windows that allow her plants to flourish but I would appreciate windows that save on our electric. Hopefully we can find a middle ground.

The middle of the ground quote we got was for
Vista Mark edura series
Cardinal low e366 cardinal glass for 25k
Or cool pane 3 cardinal glass for 28k