Joyce Trinity vs Sunrise Vanguard V3000 vs Softlite Imperial Elite triple pane

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
KEM

Joyce Trinity vs Sunrise Vanguard V3000 vs Softlite Imperial Elite triple pane

#1 Post by KEM »

Hi everyone. I first want to thank all of you for your contributions to these threads. I've done a lot of reading here and I've found it very informative.

We will be installing new vinyl siding or Hardie board and the company that we intend to use sells the Sunrise Vanguard V3000 window as well as Joyce Trinity double pane windows. The quotes are as follows.

(8) Double Hung Sunrise Vanguard V3000 - $8,070

(1) Sliding Patio Door - $3,325

(8) Double Hung Joyce Trinity - $5,600

(1) Sliding Patio Door - $2,390

We are also considering Softlite Imperial Elite with an upgrade to triple pane windows and sliding glass door to be installed by Zen Windows. Their estimate is very close to that of the Sunrise Vanguard window that is double pane. It seems both would qualify for the energy tax credit. Their estimate is $11,660. Zen Windows has very good reviews in this area as does Energy Pro, the carrier of the Joyce and Sunrise Windows.

I have a couple of concerns. It's my understanding that triple pane windows are heavier and I live in a subdivision where the houses were just basically slapped up. I'm not certain our window frames will support a heavy window.

My other concern is whether we should have the windows installed first and then the siding afterwards and whether it's best to have the company that installs the windows also be the same company that does the siding. In that scenario we would have to go with the Sunrise Vanguard window although I really do favor the Imperial Elite by soft light since it is triple pane for nearly the same price.

I would appreciate everyone's thoughts. I've found very little information on both the Joyce Trinity and Sunrise Vanguard windows. It's a lot of money for us and I want to make the most informed decision I can.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Joyce Trinity vs Sunrise Vanguard V3000 vs Softlite Imperial Elite triple pane

#2 Post by masterext »

Usually windows then siding.
Vanguard and soft lite are your best choices.

KEM

Re: Joyce Trinity vs Sunrise Vanguard V3000 vs Softlite Imperial Elite triple pane

#3 Post by KEM »

masterext wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:03 pm Usually windows then siding.
masterext wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:03 pm Usually windows then siding.

Thank you. Would you consider Vanguard or the Softlite to be superior? The Softlite Imperial Elite is triple pane.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Soft-Lite.

KEM

#5 Post by KEM »

Windows on Washington wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:41 am The Soft-Lite.
Thank you.

KEM

#6 Post by KEM »

The vendor for the Sunrise V3000 window has offered to upgrade to triple pane at no additional cost so now the Softlite and Sunrise windows would both be triple pane.

uncle eddie

#7 Post by uncle eddie »

Find another Softlite dealer. Someone in your area probably offers the Elements, and there could be another Elite dealer as well. I would NEVER recommend going with a fake window company like Zen.

KEM

#8 Post by KEM »

uncle eddie wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:26 am Find another Softlite dealer. Someone in your area probably offers the Elements, and there could be another Elite dealer as well. I would NEVER recommend going with a fake window company like Zen.
Just curious, how are they fake? They have excellent reviews in our area.

uncle eddie

#9 Post by uncle eddie »

Its a franchise. Almost none of them are run by people who know the industry and their business practices are a gimmick. They are typically "entrepreneurs" that bought a window franchise because it has higher profit margins than papa johns or zippy discount dry cleaning. They are generally very low volume (thats how they have good reviews) but capitalize on the name recognition of the brand. They aren't the only ones, companies like window depot and others are often similar, where they might be in business for a few years and do $900k in revenue, but they put a bunch of BS on their website about 20 years in business, $10 or $20 million in sales, etc, but that is all franchises combined. They say they have a location, but then you find its one of those shared downtown office suites where a gal answers the phone for like 4 different companies. They don't typically have good installers because they they don't have employees, training systems, or management, and even for subs (which are fine if they are good), they don't have enough work to keep guys busy nor do they pay well.
Fake.
They've also enjoyed a BOOM in this industry for several years, but as this slow down continues, I see don't see a lot of these guys that are industry outsiders (make no mistake that is what they are) having the intestinal fortitude to survive that.
They are pretty much the worst of all worlds other than the fact that they position themselves with a decent window, and their illusion of being a larger and more competent company than they are. All IMHO of course.

KEM

#10 Post by KEM »

uncle eddie wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:44 pm Its a franchise. Almost none of them are run by people who know the industry and their business practices are a gimmick. They are typically "entrepreneurs" that bought a window franchise because it has higher profit margins than papa johns or zippy discount dry cleaning. They are generally very low volume (thats how they have good reviews) but capitalize on the name recognition of the brand. They aren't the only ones, companies like window depot and others are often similar, where they might be in business for a few years and do $900k in revenue, but they put a bunch of BS on their website about 20 years in business, $10 or $20 million in sales, etc, but that is all franchises combined. They say they have a location, but then you find its one of those shared downtown office suites where a gal answers the phone for like 4 different companies. They don't typically have good installers because they they don't have employees, training systems, or management, and even for subs (which are fine if they are good), they don't have enough work to keep guys busy nor do they pay well.
Fake.
They've also enjoyed a BOOM in this industry for several years, but as this slow down continues, I see don't see a lot of these guys that are industry outsiders (make no mistake that is what they are) having the intestinal fortitude to survive that.
They are pretty much the worst of all worlds other than the fact that they position themselves with a decent window, and their illusion of being a larger and more competent company than they are. All IMHO of course.
I understand now. Thank you for the assessment. Energy Pro has offered to upgrade the Sunrise Vanguard V3000 to triple pane at no additional cost.

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

The Sunrise and Imperial Elite are both nice products. I'd agree with the other sentiments regarding the dealers, it sounds like the triple pane upgrade on the Sunrise makes that compelling. Pretty aggressive pricing for 2023 across the board, you definitely don't have to worry that you are paying too much.

KEM

#12 Post by KEM »

HomeSealed wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:33 pm The Sunrise and Imperial Elite are both nice products. I'd agree with the other sentiments regarding the dealers, it sounds like the triple pane upgrade on the Sunrise makes that compelling. Pretty aggressive pricing for 2023 across the board, you definitely don't have to worry that you are paying too much.
Thank you for your input. That's a relief to hear about the pricing as we are unfamiliar with all of this. Good advice from everyone on the dealers. Sunrise it is.