Is there room for negotiation with replacement windows?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
WNC Window Guy

Is there room for negotiation with replacement windows?

#1 Post by WNC Window Guy »

I just received two quotes for replacement windows and doors for my entire house. One quote was 40k and the other was 50k. That seemed high to me so I'm curious if there is any room to negotiate a lower out the door price? If so, how much room for negotiation is there (a couple hundred dollars? a couple thousand? 56-k?) Both salesmen were nice and seemed like they were giving me the best deal possible but I'm not sure. I certainly don't want to offend them by trying to negotiate but I don't know what's typical in the window market. PLEASE ADVISE!! Thanks!

toddinmn

Re: Is there room for negotiation with replacement windows?

#2 Post by toddinmn »

It is hard to compare the two prices with out having the full details , the 50k price could be a better deal.
Negotiations will depend on the dealer and you.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Probably not the answer you want to hear but.... It depends.

In most cases there is some negotiation, however if the rep gave you a price in the home and another with a promo price and/or some type of extra discount, its also possible that he or she exhausted what they can do.

In a nutshell, negotiate from the starting price yes, but its rare that there will be much meat on the bone after the fact.

All that said, best thing that you can do is ask. If you have what you feel is a comparable quote at a lower price, see how close they can get. If you have a set budget be it the purchase price or a monthly payment amount, see how close they can get.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Bunch of missing details here to even remotely take a stab at that question, and even then...it's gonna be hard to tell.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Yes, you can negotiate a price.
You can also change the spec on the job to lower the cost.
If you want something, a lower price or something else repaired, what do you have to offer to make that up. Some real cash, make a promotional video, or something else of value to the install company.