Norandex 3000 v Wincore 5400 v Midway EnviroSealed

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
IndianaITGuy

Norandex 3000 v Wincore 5400 v Midway EnviroSealed

#1 Post by IndianaITGuy »

Hello Window Enthusiasts!

I would love some thoughts and/or opinions on 3 window choices from 3 different companies.

The 3 windows: Norandex eXtreme 3000, Wincore 5400, and Midway Windows EnviroSealed
All 3 local install companies that I've gotten quotes from have comparable reviews and are kind of a wash on that front, but have the best reviews for the area.
Location: Southern Indiana (though, looking at the Energy Star map, sort of on the border of Northern climate and North / Central climate)
In terms of how long will I live in my current house, likely no more than 10 years. Possibly as short as 5. But I've learned in life anything can change in the blink of an eye and who knows, it could be longer than 10!

Window 1: Norandex eXtreme 3000
All in price quote: $4186
Removal, disposal and installation
I've had a coworker get his windows from this company and he is satisfied with what he received, however he got Simonton 5500 windows from them. I think the pricing may be close if Simonton were swapped for Norandex, though the salesman had opinions against Simonton and he mentioned issues with the windows QC when installing them in my coworkers house. But I think Norandex and Simonton have both been bought and are manufactured by the same company. Either Ply-Gem or ABC Supply. My coworker also mentioned that the installers were questionable in character, but nothing too bad.
The person that gave the quote was the owner and the company has been in business in this area for 28 years.

Window 2: Wincore 5400
All in price quote: $6894
Removal, disposal and installation
No personal references for this one
The person that gave the quote was the owner and they have serviced my area for 20 years. The owner seemed very interested in making sure I knew about their accolades as a company. Like really cared! Home Advisor top rated, Home advisor elite service provider, and they have won some award for Top Rated Local Business In the State since 2019 to present.

Window 3: Midway Windows EnviroSealed
All in price quote: $6928
Removal, disposal, installation
No personal references for this one either
The person that gave the quote was a salesman. The only one that came dressed professionally if that counts for anything. But he was in a uniform short sleeve shirt and looked ready for business. Of the 3, he also took the most extensive measurements. They also sell Andersen and Provia windows and doors. This company was a family business in this area for 18 years, but the original owners grew older and sold the company in 2020. Though the original owners son continues to work there and the new owner kept the name and employees.

Hopefully that's detailed enough, but not long enough to be too much. I'd love to hear your thoughts, opinions, and even some complaints!

Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Norandex 3000 v Wincore 5400 v Midway EnviroSealed

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

How many windows? I don't see that anywhere.

IndianaITGuy

#3 Post by IndianaITGuy »

It's 8 windows in total. All double hung.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

To be honest...I don't know how you do the job at the first quoted price. That is a big red flag to me.

IndianaITGuy

#5 Post by IndianaITGuy »

After I got all 3 quotes, I felt the same way. How is one of them so much less. But, they came recommended from a coworker who had them replace his windows. I may go over to his house and check em out.

The person that came to the house did say that he does a lot of rehab (flip houses) and new construction. Which also made me side-eye.

I appreciate your feedback. Any thoughts on either the Wincore 5400's or Midway EnviroSealed? My understanding is Wincore is out of one of the Virginia's. Former Simonton employees. And Midway is a Chicago-land based company.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I am not sure about two of your quotes. Unfortunately I would throw out the first one. Multipule red flags.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

Wincore is pretty much an entry level "flip/rehab" price product for general contractors/flippers/homeowners looking for the cheapest product that that they purchase. It's a Simonton "knockoff" product and that even has plastic locks, no thanks.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Simonton is owned by Plygem. Norandex is a private label "brand" owned by ABC supply that they happen to put on that window among other products.

At the end of the day, I'd keep looking and check out some of the better products that you see recommended here. Without regard to the stories given, each of those products tells a similar story IMO: The company selling it either doesn't know or doesn't care that much about the quality and performance of what they sell. Neither scenario is a win for you.

toddinmn

#9 Post by toddinmn »

The Norandex 3000 is an Atrium window that is also under the Ply-Gem family that is owned by a private equity firm. It is an entry level window and the lowest quality window in the Norandex line. I agree with Homesealed, Todd out all 3 and look for a better product.

IndianaITGuy

#10 Post by IndianaITGuy »

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm looking around for other reputable providers in my area. If I come across new data to share (product/quote) I'll provide it here and see what you may think.

Again, thanks for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

Just a suggestion:

Much like a bad product may indicate the quality of the provider, an excellent one can do the same. Look for dealers of Okna, Softlite, and Sunrise in your area as a good head start.