AI on Window Nation's Addison?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
unknownchika

AI on Window Nation's Addison?

#1 Post by unknownchika »

Basically the subject.

I have a handful of quotes on windows (Soft-Lite Imperial Elites included - Elements not available in my area!). I've scoured these forums extensively for information.

What I can't find is the AI on Window Nation's Addison double hung windows. Does anyone happen to know what it is?

I'm assuming it's terrible since I can't find it, but we know what assuming typically does! Plus, since the windows are manufactured by MI Windows, I suspect they're generally not good.

Thanks in advance to whoever can answer! :D

TheWindowNerd

Re: AI on Window Nation's Addison?

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

looks like it it could be a special series just for wn. I can not find anything about it on mi website.
As you suspect that normally means they are embarrassed by the structural test results.
Why would you use wn? Do you like false and misleading advertising? They only use subs, and not the best ones.

What area are you in?

WindowsDirectCinci

#3 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

.17. I agree with the window nerd. They have clever marketing but don’t provide any value in going with them. Their value is terrible. (Price vs product quality) and you’ll likely get terrible service. Private equity owned companies don’t have the consumers interest in mind, just its investors

unknownchika

#4 Post by unknownchika »

TheWindowNerd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:14 am looks like it it could be a special series just for wn. I can not find anything about it on mi website.
As you suspect that normally means they are embarrassed by the structural test results.
Why would you use wn? Do you like false and misleading advertising? They only use subs, and not the best ones.

What area are you in?

At no point did I say I was going to use them. As I mentioned, I have other estimates. Given the song and dance they did, I was just more curious as to how their product compares to others. Curiosity killed the cat, I suppose.

I’m in the Pittsburgh Area.

unknownchika

#5 Post by unknownchika »

WindowsDirectCinci wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:22 am .17. I agree with the window nerd. They have clever marketing but don’t provide any value in going with them. Their value is terrible. (Price vs product quality) and you’ll likely get terrible service. Private equity owned companies don’t have the consumers interest in mind, just its investors
As I suspected, it is terrible! 😂

Agree on all points you’ve made about them. As I mentioned to TheWindowNerd, I was just curious as to how their product compared to others given the song and dance!

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Definitely not ideal to replace a failing old and drafty window with a newer...but drafty window.

Kudos to you and sorting through the BS.

unknownchika

#7 Post by unknownchika »

Windows on Washington wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:59 am Definitely not ideal to replace a failing old and drafty window with a newer...but drafty window.

Thanks! I can’t tell you how many of your responses have helped shape the knowledge and information I’ve gained/gathered.

Question, since I’ve got your attention…

For the Soft-Lift Imperial Elites…

11 double hung, all but 2 are 40” x 37”
1 triple slider, 104” x 49”
1 sliding glass door, 72” x 80”
FlexScreens for all windows.

Does $15k sound reasonable? From what I’ve been reading, the answer is yes.

unknownchika

#8 Post by unknownchika »

For anyone that’s wondering, I did finally get an answer. The AI for Window Nation’s Addison line is 0.12. Of course they started their response by “bragging” that is 2.5 times lower than what’s required for energy efficient windows. But 0.12 is slightly less than the (MUCH) cheaper Pella 250s.

Stay away!

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

With the SGD in there...that would be well in the normal range.

Ricknez

#10 Post by Ricknez »

unknownchika wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:20 am
Windows on Washington wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:59 am Definitely not ideal to replace a failing old and drafty window with a newer...but drafty window.

Thanks! I can’t tell you how many of your responses have helped shape the knowledge and information I’ve gained/gathered.

Question, since I’ve got your attention…

For the Soft-Lift Imperial Elites…

11 double hung, all but 2 are 40” x 37”
1 triple slider, 104” x 49”
1 sliding glass door, 72” x 80”
FlexScreens for all windows.

Does $15k sound reasonable? From what I’ve been reading, the answer is yes.
Thats a steal. Jump on it.

toddinmn

#11 Post by toddinmn »

That price is solid for sure. The product is always recommended here. You’re moving in the correct direction, the price is solid as mentioned . You can get more quotes but you got a good one on a great product.

HomeSealed

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

Depending on the option content and install details, that price is solid at worst, possibly even pretty low for that product. If the company offering it is well established with a good reputation, that looks like a choice that will be hard to beat.