Pella Lifestyle Quote

Share your experiences with others
-blank-

Pella Lifestyle Quote

#1 Post by -blank- »

A family member is looking to replace Pella Lifestyle windows (wood interior, aluminum clad exterior). 22 total windows (~18 double hung [two are two-wide windows; many of the double hungs are around 36 x 66], 2 panel sliding glass door, 3 casements, factory painted, most have grilles). Received a quote in '19 and updated it recently and it nearly doubled. I am guessing it is within reason given inflationary environment especially around maintaining quality installers and cost of underlying windows / materials. Quote was ~$56k (was around $31k in '19) and is tear out (I need to confirm this) w/ new interior trim and exterior work around aluminum siding and trim and then some additional wood trim replacement around a larger bay. Trying to determine if that is in line knowing that Pella is expensive generally speaking. We like the installed and they are long tenured. They were the best bid in '19. Appreciate any high level views that anyone has. Priced a few Marvin's that were more expensive as well. Thank you.

-blank-

Re: Pella Lifestyle Quote

#2 Post by -blank- »

should note, northern IL based.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Guessing they are dead set on that product line? Price increase that you are seeing here is unfortunately, but not unexpected.

I can think of a handful of windows that are superior for a bunch of reasons, but if they like the material and the installer, I don't see anything wrong with it.

-blank-

#4 Post by -blank- »

Yep, that is right. They are dead set on sticking with that particular window (brand as well as wood/clad). I just wanted to double check and see if the updated figure was not too far off (acknowledging very high level details) as I can price the cost of windows on their own and value the install, which I think will be handled professionally with this group. Appreciate the feedback and this site.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sure thing. To observe something as going up about 180% in this last 4 years...totally in line with the economy. Devastating trend...but depressingly normal.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

A Pella Pro dealer may be able to offer a much better price.
It is a different distribution channel and independent installer.
theWindowNerd