3M window tint

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Abstract7001

3M window tint

#1 Post by Abstract7001 »

Hi,

I just purchased a home a few months ago. I live in the Arizona desert. I am not replacing windows, but I have a question in regards to the windows. I was interested in getting 3M film to block out radiant heat. I've read somewhere, it depends on the type of windows you have, it is possible to use, in some it'll crack your windows. How can you tell if your windows can use window film or not? I can post photos if this helps as well. Thanks for feedback.

Oberon

Re: 3M window tint

#2 Post by Oberon »

Are your current windows single pane or dual pane? If single pane there should be no problem.

If dual pane do they have a LowE coating or are they clear glass? If clear glass you should have no problem, but would be better if you can apply the film to the exterior of the window.

If dual pane with a LowE coating then you really want to attach the film to the exterior of the window.

You can attach it to the interior surface, and it may do fine, or it may not.

Abstract7001

#3 Post by Abstract7001 »

Hi, sorry I just returned home from out of State. How's the easiest way to know if you have low e windows? I know these are dual pane, just not sure about low e....also might just do solar screens. Any experience with those as well?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Solar screens do work for heat control.

https://youtu.be/az0dO6XLXPw