Window Quotes in Tennessee

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
TNA6BN

Window Quotes in Tennessee

#1 Post by TNA6BN »

We have recently received three quotes for replacing all of the windows in our house (a total of 30 windows). The quotes are for using three different types of windows - Pella 250 Series, Apex Insignia and Mezzo Alside. The Pella and Apex quotes are for essentially the same amount but the Mezzo quote is $13K below the other two. I have looked at other online reviews and do not see many negative reviews of Mezzo. Looking for thoughts on whether the other two are worth $13K more. Thanks for any comments.

Ricknez

Re: Window Quotes in Tennessee

#2 Post by Ricknez »

As of now, the insignia is the best window you have seen by far.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where in TN?

TNA6BN

#4 Post by TNA6BN »

We are in the Nashville area

uncle eddie

#5 Post by uncle eddie »

TNA6BN wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:26 pm I have looked at other online reviews and do not see many negative reviews of Mezzo.
:shock:
Where have you been looking???
If anything, that window isn't brought up much these days as there are better choices that the roofers and pickup truck contractors are offering such as Provia.

Insignia is another Alside window FYI, although it is a little better.

The Pella is not great, just a pretty name.

If you have two quotes that are close and another that is $13k less on 30 windows, you can probably guess which one doesn't belong. The product selection says the same.
I'd try and find better options. Upper end Softlite, anything from Okna, Sunrise Restorations (or whatever it's called these days v05 or whatever), and the better models from Polaris and Vytex are all good .

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Will get you a suggestion here in the next day, but I would agree that none of the 3 are blowing me out of the water.

Nashville1957

#7 Post by Nashville1957 »

Hey I'm a home owner in Nashville too! After weeks reading this forum, I landed on the Okna Eco Pro 600 windows offered by Window Works of Nashville. I had a wonderful experience dealing with them and my windows are on order. I'm happy to put you in touch if you'd like.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

There you go. Beat me to the punch.

TNA6BN

#9 Post by TNA6BN »

Thanks for the advice on Window Works. I've reached out to them to get a quote. Based on a recommendation from another board, I also contacted another installer who is quoting PROVIA AERIS windows. Anyone have any feedback on these? I really appreciate the comments.

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

Meh. Different window but a decent option if you want a wood interior.

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

The Okna/Window Works option sounds compelling.

+1 to WoW's comments on the Aeris. Performance is pretty typcial of a window with real wood interior which is to say, not great. Something like a Marvin Elevate is probably nicer and more tried and true in that same price range.
Not awful, but bot anything to get excited about IMO.

Ricknez

#12 Post by Ricknez »

Fyi gentlemen, the Aeris uses a pocket sill and it's basically a vinyl window with a real wood snap in piece that covers the interior. I actually prefer the endure over the aeris although the Okna 600 by window works wins out.

Delaware Mike

#13 Post by Delaware Mike »

Rick is 100% correct. I have a new Aeris black out white in triple-glazed Aeris in my own house to a front room with brick facing. It's a pretty window, but that pocket sill is terrible and old Veka extrusion isn't my favorite. The glazing beads that Veka sets up for that window are only tension fit without a durometer water deterrent seal, thus when heavy rains push water through the screen mesh (full screen on painted exteriors) the Aeris sash bottom rails fill with water, and not just a little, a ton. Eventually, the water weeps out as designed, however if you tilt the sashes before all of the water weeps out, that water will pour into the inside of your room down on the stool and floor. Engineering blunder. I don't use that window of mine as it's in an extra room with extra deep soffits, thus water isn't really an issue for me.

OKNA for sure.

Windows on Washington

#14 Post by Windows on Washington »

Pocket sill is a non starter for me in Double Hungs if there is a sloped option available.

TheWindowNerd

#15 Post by TheWindowNerd »

It is beyond understanding why companies that are premium companies ( Pella, AW, Provia) to name a few, but not the best engineers think pocket sills are not a problem.
I asked an executive at Pella about it and they said what do you mean?
DUH.
theWindowNerd