Sunrise Restoration Glass Choices

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Buffalo Bill

Sunrise Restoration Glass Choices

#1 Post by Buffalo Bill »

I have been researching several brands of windows the past several weeks, for whole house replacement on our brick home my parents built back in 1975. Narrowed my choices down to Soft-Lite and Sunrise. We were looking at 7 casement windows, 1 awning, and 1 picture window plus 1 sliding door, all retro fit. Soft-Lite gave me a price of $30,625, about half the windows were supersaver low E w/argon on north and east side of house, the south and west side had solarban 70 low E w/agon. Dont have the particular UF or SHGC, but for this example doesnt matter, as we decided against this company because of price and I didnt like the salesmans "car dealership" sales approach. :-)

Anyway the Sunrise Restorations, with same amount of windows,style, plus one door was quoted at $16,850 with Ultra U Plus glass, DP, 0.27 UF, 0.26 SHGC. We are going to upgrade the glass to Omega 12 glass, DP, 0.26 UF, 0.19 for an additional cost of $58 per window/door. We can also upgrade further to the Thermal U Plus (0.24 UF, 0.19 SHGC) for an additional $80 per window/door.

My question, is the last upgrade to the Thermal U Plus, worth the additional $80 per window? We live in South Central Kansas, south of Wichita, about 10 miles from Oklahoma border. I dont remember the last time we ever dropped to O degrees or below. Of course I just turned 70 last December, and that could contribute to me not remembering? :-)
Thanks,
Jim

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise Restoration Glass Choices

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Additional $80 over the Additional $58 or just $32 more?

Buffalo Bill

#3 Post by Buffalo Bill »

Additional $80 from what Im reading.

WindowsDirectCinci

#4 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

I'm a big fan of the Thermal U Plus & for $32 more it seams like a no brainer to me. For the amount of windows you have the upgraded cost is very little compared to the overall object cost.

Buffalo Bill

#5 Post by Buffalo Bill »

The price of upgrading from the Ultra U Plus glass to the Omega 12 glass is $58. The price of upgrading to the Omega 12 w/Thermal U Plus is an addtional $80, to clarify. So, if I want to jump clear from the Ultra U Plus glass to the Omega 12 w/ Thermal U Plus will cost me $138.
thanks,
Jim

Buffalo Bill

#6 Post by Buffalo Bill »

I read one of the longest going threads on this site started by 57Ringo back in 2023. The last post on that topic was April of 2023. He was asking about Sunrise and all things pertinent to the window.
Thanks,
Jim

Buffalo Bill

#7 Post by Buffalo Bill »

Any further comments on my glass choices? I have an appointment this afternoon with my Sunrise salesman, so am still looking for some guidance?
thanks,
Jim

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would go with this advice right here. Nobody on this board knows the Sunrise product better right now than Windows Direct Cincinnati.

WindowsDirectCinci wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:47 pm I'm a big fan of the Thermal U Plus & for $32 more it seams like a no brainer to me. For the amount of windows you have the upgraded cost is very little compared to the overall object cost.

Buffalo Bill

#9 Post by Buffalo Bill »

Windows on Washington wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:31 am I would go with this advice right here. Nobody on this board knows the Sunrise product better right now than Windows Direct Cincinnati.

WindowsDirectCinci wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:47 pm I'm a big fan of the Thermal U Plus & for $32 more it seams like a no brainer to me. For the amount of windows you have the upgraded cost is very little compared to the overall object cost.
For better or worse, I elected to go wih the additional Thermal U Plus on the windows purchase. Thanks for all the input!
Jim