fair pricing for Okna composite windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Bozwell3

fair pricing for Okna composite windows

#1 Post by Bozwell3 »

Hello, I live in Southeastern MA on Cape Cod, and the only supplier of Okna windows for this region only carries their composite line which isn't even on the Okna website. We have 23 windows to replace including 8 on the second floor. All double hung of several different sizes. Price being quoted is $36,000 - $42,000 depending on timing. No frills, white in and out. I also am wondering if the composite windows will show less glass than the vinyl. It is so hard to make sense of this when there are no retail prices published, and who knows how much they pay for labor versus what they charge. Thanks so much for this forum.
Steve

HomeSealed

Re: fair pricing for Okna composite windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The Okna website only has its "normal" vinyl windows. The branded site for the composite is www.starmarkwindows.com
Their other highest level window (vinyl) has a branded site as well, himarkwindows.com.

As far as the window itself, its phenomenal. There are very, very few windows on the market that have excellent performance ratings AND a very high end look, and it is one of those few. The frame is narrow lined, so no, you won't lose glass space, in fact you will gain some over the 800 DH and the vinyl casement and over most other vinyl and composite windows.

On pricing, there are a lot of variables that can move that number by hundreds per window even if they are white/white.
- pocket or full frame install?
- any interior woodwork?
- sizing? (ie: are they average or larger)
- tempered glass
- triple or double pane?
- hardware choice?
- grids, and what type if so?
- what type of exterior trim?
- is that qty for 23 individual windows, or perhaps 23 openings that may have twins or triples mixed in, meaning that there are actually more than 23 frames?

Overall, I'd say that the pricing is not out of line at all for that window even if its a relatively simple install with a moderate option package. I've seen that window sell for more than your higher end number, and very rarely for less than the lower end of that.