Down to two choices

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
kassonvike

Down to two choices

#1 Post by kassonvike »

Sorry to sort of double post but I REALLY appreciate the opinions on this site. Thanks so much.

I'm in MN. It will be having 28 windows replaced all with triple pane double hung windows, all inserts. (or 27 with 1 twin)

Installer A I've worked with before. Soft-lite Element triple panes $32,000
Installer B (good reviews but less of them) Provia Endure triple pane $26,000

Reading through threads and internet serarches I think most prefer the Soft-lite elements as the higher quality window. I think its considered high end and the provia endure is considered high mid or low high, depending on who you ask.

Since we are doing inserts I also favor the element because I think it will leave us with more glass? Is the Element worth an extra $215 per window though?

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Windows on Washington

Re: Down to two choices

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would say the comparative quality of the unit as well as the work and experience with the one installer should translate to a better deal. I would also tell your installer that while you are not looking to match price, can he meet you somewhere in the middle?

kassonvike

#3 Post by kassonvike »

Yea, I am going to see if they can get a little closer. Also Company A's VP (not the sales guy I worked with) lives 2 houses down from me. Not sure if that helps or not. :D

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am sure that will help.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to the Elements. Better window and for the fact that it’s an exclusive product (manufacturer limits to select few dealers with a good reputation, financial standing, etc), it’s more likely (albeit not guaranteed) to be a better install company as well. Anyone can buy the Provia window.