Window pricing for MN

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Marco88

Window pricing for MN

#1 Post by Marco88 »

I received two bids from local contractors for insert windows both white on white.

Both bids are for 10 double hung, various sizes. A picture window 64x64 and a hopper.

Bid A - came in at 14,349 for provia endure 10yr labor warranty and lifetime window warranty. The bid included install, permits, disposal of old windows.

Bid B - came in at 17500 for Soft Lite Elements - triple pane (ultra S) with super spacer, Low E and Argon gas glass pack. Lifetime labor warranty and lifetime window warranty. The bid included install, permits, disposal of old windows. Tempered glass on bathroom and picture window.

We really liked the Elements and signed a contract.. I know stupid. But have until March 1st, 2022 to send out a certified mailed letter stating our want to cancel. What do we doooooo. This is in Minnesota also.

Also there is another company that sells the elements. I should probably get a quote from them too.

toddinmn

Re: Window pricing for MN

#2 Post by toddinmn »

You should do what you want to do and are comfortable with.

Marco88

Re: Window pricing for MN

#3 Post by Marco88 »

Haha. Thanks ToddinMN. Im just trying to justify paying $1458 a window when someone here recently paid $1135 a window from who I assume is the same contractor.