Okna in Central Pennsylvania

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Jazzy

Okna in Central Pennsylvania

#1 Post by Jazzy »

I've been in the process of getting windows & sliding glass doors replaced for the past 6 weeks or so. I've done all the research that I could online, especially using great resources like this board. I've had all the major companies and several well regarded smaller companies out. Based on my research, I know that I want Okna products. I've just run into issues with the 2 companies I've had out who install Okna. One only installs the Okna Starmark composite window line and that's not what I want. The other does exactly the product that I want Okna 800 DX windows & Okna Elegante doors but we're having an issue with some draconian language in the contract they want us to sign. Are there any reputable dealers who install Okna in the Central PA (Harrisburg) area who you can recommend. Thank you very much in advance.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Okna in Central Pennsylvania

#2 Post by masterext »

What “ draconian language” in the contract are you referring to? Can you elaborate?

Jazzy

#3 Post by Jazzy »

I'd rather not elaborate. I'll just say that my attorney reviewed it and it's not the standard language in most contracts. I'd like to stay focused on getting a recommendation as detailed above. Thanks.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Since you had an attorney review the contract and are paralized by the language, can you rewrite the contract for them?
Otherwise you need to find another Okna 800 dealer. I do not have a recomendation for you in Harrisburg. I would love to see the contract.
Your product selection is excellent.
wayne

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Few thoughts:
1) The Starmark is a phenomenal window. If this is a budget issue I understand, but otherwise the Starmark is an excellent choice. If you have questions or concerns about it outside of the pricing, feel free to use us as a sounding board.

2) I'm also interested to hear about the contract language. You don't have to identify the company or anything, we'd gladly let you know if the language was typical... While having an atty review for you is certainly not a bad move, keep in mind they are doing what you hired them to do, which is pick apart a contract written by an atty representing the other side. I'd just hate to see you move on from an option based on language that is fairly standard... Also, if you haven't already, bring it up to the company and discuss. They may be willing to find some compromise on wording that would fit all parties.

3) As far as other recommendations, perhaps some of the other pros near you may be able to help advise on that. Generally Okna will have one dealer with a given model selection in a given market, however they may have more saturation in areas "closer to home".

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Jazzy,
In one month we will open a branch in Harrisburg.
Initially we will only be using Vytex windows.

Jazzy

#7 Post by Jazzy »

Thanks for all the responses. We were able to resolve the issue with the contract language so we're able to move forward with our preferred company. This board is a great resource.