Vinyl recommendations

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
TheWindowNerd

Re: Vinyl recommendations

#16 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Looks like you are making progress.
I would avoid the arm twisting outfits. I have a low threshold for that type of pain.

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

uncle eddie wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:44 pm
You answered your own question. Window companies have to go to extraordinary lengths to educate people about why their window is legitimately 2 x's more expensive than another option, AND a better value at that. You might say that consumers are smart and can educate themselves - which should be true- yet here you are asking about 3 bad window choices from a bad choice for installation.
Uncle Eddie's old post could probably apply here to some degree. I'd be careful about making a rash judgement on a given company unless there are some serious red flags, like fabricated energy savings guarantees, etc, or a trail of negative reviews indicating unsavory tactics. A good company can have an efficient sales process, the bad ones just tend to "abuse" similar processes.

windowwash

#18 Post by windowwash »

@ Lexn

Wondering if you ever moved forward with your project - what brand you ended up going with? I'm in the North East as well and was curious how you made out.

Any info is appreciated.

Windows on Washington

#19 Post by Windows on Washington »

Most folks rarely post back. Maybe they will be the exception. What part of the NE are you in?