Curious on Quoted pricing

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Yorktown Doug

Curious on Quoted pricing

#1 Post by Yorktown Doug »

Have purchased Okna 800's, twice in the past, most recently in 2020. Prices both times I have purchased in the past, windows averaged about $475.00ea. uninstalled, window only. Requested another quote in the past 4 weeks, 3 each Okna 800's, windows only, no installation (as I am "out of the supplier's area") pretty vanilla as far as specs, nothing fancy - windows now average $725 each. Does this price sound correct? I am having difficulty swallowing a 60-65% increase in the past two years. Have referred to this site numerous times and always find valuable information here so I thought I would ask. Thanks -

Ricknez

Re: Curious on Quoted pricing

#2 Post by Ricknez »

Pricing has gone up SUBSTSANTIALLY the past 2 years and it’s getting worse.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

With all the price increase we are up 50% compared to two years ago for an installed unit.

Maybe you are seeing a low volume charge on the order. Ask them.
theWindowNerd

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Sounds about right. Product price increases make up the majority of that, while the costs of doing business have all skyrocketed as well.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Your previous numbers were abnormally low, combine that with inflation, and other materials increases...you are where you are.

Yorktown Doug

#6 Post by Yorktown Doug »

Appreciate the information. Guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board and find something else. I don't mind paying a fair price for a quality item, but that is too much for me. Thanks to everyone who replied, the information I find here is always valuable.
DP

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

Your original quote from 2 years ago was extremely low even by 2020 standards. The price inflation plaguing our industry is unprecedented and affecting virtually every other industry as well. We can thank the federal reserve for that for keeping rates near zero for way too long. They flooded the system with easy money and caused everyone to go on buying spree’s and also caused mass speculation in our financial markets. Anyone wanna buy a Doge coin ???

Eventually the music stops and the piper must be paid. The fed is still way behind the curve and will probably end up raising rates too much in order to regain some semblence of credibility. You raise rates when real GDP is high and rising not when its shrinking. Unfortunatley our inflation rate is 8.2% and the fed has no choice. I only sell windows so what do I know !

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Yorktown Doug wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:29 am Appreciate the information. Guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board and find something else. I don't mind paying a fair price for a quality item, but that is too much for me. Thanks to everyone who replied, the information I find here is always valuable.
DP
Fair enough. Just so its clear, the consensus is that the value in today's price is similar to what you received previously, so you should expect lower quality along with a lower price if that is the route that you decide to take.

toddinmn

#9 Post by toddinmn »

It is hard to say what is exactly driving the dealers prices up. I’m looking at about a 35% increase in that time period on windows cost only, other things much more some less. Many things can go into a dealers pricing other than just windows cost.
Other options are to ask for better pricing, price out the 500, price out other Okna dealers and dealers selling different brands or wait for the feds to right the market.