Full window replacement question

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jesoonster

Full window replacement question

#1 Post by jesoonster »

Hello experts! I want to thank everyone who helped me get through this painful process of finding replacement windows. Long story short, 11 mo since I started this process, I am on my final steps to get my window installed.

I am replacing aluminum windows (builder grade) with Don Young alum windows (on a stucco home). The contractor has agreed to a full window replacement.

Since I am not an expert, I want to make sure I can check and confirm that all the necessary steps are being done. Would anyone be so kind as to provide a high level list of tasks that should be completed? (e.g., capping, etc.). Since I'm not an expert and since youtube is full of incorrect methods I wanted to make sure I get validation from the experts here on the forum. Thank you!

Windows on Washington

Re: Full window replacement question

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Let's get some pics first and why not ask the contractor what his steps are as well.

A full window replacement in your case just means that he is pulling the frame vs. a frame jump.

HomeSealed

Re: Full window replacement question

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 on the contractor providing steps. There may be different steps and different things to look for based on the circumstances of your project. If you provide a detailed work scope/install description along with pics, we can give better feedback than providing a generic list.