replacement casement window options?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
57ringo

Re: replacement casement window options?

#61 Post by 57ringo »

they are Window Design & Remodeling in Silver Lake ks and have only 1 bad google review out of 24 and that wasn't on windows.

57ringo

#62 Post by 57ringo »

He said Sunrise doesn't use Cardinal glass. Is their glass as good as Cardinal? Also the two openings in my garage, I'd like to use a real good glass package to keep the heat out. I've been putting up a plastic shield over the windows in the summer to keep the heat out. Is there a certain glass package to ask for? They gave me a bid off of another window companies bid sheet so they want to come down to measure to make sure the bid is correct.

57ringo

#63 Post by 57ringo »

the glass brand is " Omega 12" in the Restorations. What's that mean, S2100a 2 pane? They said the N3200A triple pane was $1344 more than the S2100a....is it worth the extra money?

TheWindowNerd

#64 Post by TheWindowNerd »

There are a couple of thoughts about that.
Do you have the money to afford the price increase.
The TP will probably give you a $600 tax credit. That would offset the cost by almost half.

57ringo

#65 Post by 57ringo »

Yes I have the funds. I want to get the best cash price without down grading to a cheaper window. I've checked about getting the $600 tax credit.....was hoping for more.

WindowsDirectCinci

#66 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

57ringo wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:16 pm He said Sunrise doesn't use Cardinal glass. Is their glass as good as Cardinal? Also the two openings in my garage, I'd like to use a real good glass package to keep the heat out. I've been putting up a plastic shield over the windows in the summer to keep the heat out. Is there a certain glass package to ask for? They gave me a bid off of another window companies bid sheet so they want to come down to measure to make sure the bid is correct.
Sunrise 100% uses Cardinal IG units in all their products except essentials, with the exception of a few dealers who use duralite spacer for some reason.

WindowsDirectCinci

#67 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

TheWindowNerd wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:40 am There are a couple of thoughts about that.
The TP will probably give you a $600 tax credit. That would offset the cost by almost half.
The n3200a will not qualify for the tax credit. The only two options that would qualify are the s3210a or n3210a. The windows need to have a u- value of .20 or better to qualify.

HomeSealed

#68 Post by HomeSealed »

WindowsDirectCinci wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:20 pm
TheWindowNerd wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:40 am There are a couple of thoughts about that.
The n3200a will not qualify for the tax credit. The only two options that would qualify are the s3210a or n3210a. The windows need to have a u- value of .20 or better to qualify.

Energy Star 7.0 requires a .22 U value for the northern zone, .20 is the "Most Efficient" level. From what I've seen, the new tax credit will be available for all Energy Star qualified windows (meaning the .22 will qualify). Have you seen something different? I remember reading that the initial proposal was .20, but then all of the big name window brands with poor performance lobbied it up to .22.

57ringo

#69 Post by 57ringo »

I received a bid on Soft-lite Imperial Elite - Triple Pane today.
White / Triple Pane / K-Beam Reinforcement / Super Spacer / Foam Filled Sash and Frame / Double Strength Glass / Ultra S Glass / Argon Gas Filled / Fusion Welded Sash and Frame / 100% Virgin Vinyl / Multi-Point Locking System / Folding Handle / Full Screen / BetterVue Screen
Just windows, no installation because they are 120 miles away and don't come this far.
$19,525.00 !!!

57ringo

#70 Post by 57ringo »

I'm plan on going to the home show in Wichita March 2nd to see what they have to offer.

uncle eddie

#71 Post by uncle eddie »

Looks to me like you have some nice choices on the table, heading to a homeshow will just leave you more confused or subject to be conned into a bad choice. Just my two cents

TheWindowNerd

#72 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree with Uncle Eddie. Even so, home shows can be fun.

57ringo

#73 Post by 57ringo »

As of now, I'm leaning heavily towards the Sunrise windows.

57ringo

#74 Post by 57ringo »

I thought I'd update this today...I received another bid for Sunrise Restoration pocket windows with triple pane glass installed for $18,640.

uncle eddie

#75 Post by uncle eddie »

Its a nice window. Finding the lowest price doesn't typically end the best, but Restorations windows are usually reserved for solid companies, so you should hopefully be ok. The real question is when are you going to make a decision? You mentioned not being around for long enough to see the end of the warranty, you may want to make a decision sooner than later if you want to see them installed. Another 5 pages of questions and answers isn't going to turn up much that hasn't been said already.