Swap out glass in new window

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Trish29

Swap out glass in new window

#1 Post by Trish29 »

I'm wondering if you might have an opinion on this situation. I purchased Anlin Del Mar windows from a local dealer. I ordered the street facing windows with the Infinit-e glass (gray hue) and the rest of the windows in the SunMatrix (green hue). They were installed a few weeks ago. Great job on installation. Only issue is the company ordered everything in SunMatrix, so from the street my windows have that green hue, not as desirable for a neighborhood aesthetic. I didn't get what I ordered, so now we are moving to plan B.
I was given 2 options by the dealer:
1) leave as is with SunMatrix
2) replace just the glass (not entire window) with Infinit-e.
Question: Would replacing just the glass be a risk for issues down the road? Something tells me it's not a good idea to start messing with the window as it came from the factory.
Is it better to just leave it as manufactured?
What would you do?
Attachments
IMG_20230222_124734__01.jpg

Windows on Washington

Re: Swap out glass in new window

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

1. Guessing they were offering some discount on leaving them?
2. No issues. If done properly, it is a totally normal and allowable process.

I wouldn't be too worried about the neighborhood aesthetic. If it doesn't bother you, I would leave well enough alone.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. No issue whatsoever swapping glass as/if needed, but the current glass is probably the more efficient option anyway. If you don't hate the aesthetic, maybe they'll offer you a few bucks as WOW alluded to to keep it. Even if the factory messed up the order and will provide the glass at no charge, the installing company would still have to put it in and absorb those costs.

Trish29

#4 Post by Trish29 »

Appreciate the helpful reply. Thx!!