Estimated Replacement Cost for Andersen Renewal Window, 2023?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
MN_Guy

Estimated Replacement Cost for Andersen Renewal Window, 2023?

#1 Post by MN_Guy »

Hi all,

Apologies if this is an overly vague question. I'm considering getting a quote from Renewal by Anderson for replacing 11 double hung windows in my smallish 1940's home in Saint Paul MN. I've done a fair amount of reading on their services, and it sounds like they are definitely one of the pricier options.

My question is, what is a reasonable range that I should expect? I'd like to have a frame of reference before the sales rep comes out, and to know if I should be negotiating lower.

If I had median price for standard (nothing too fancy) double hung Andersen window, including installation, I could at least gauge the quality of the offer.

Thanks!

Delaware Mike

Re: Estimated Replacement Cost for Andersen Renewal Window, 2023?

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

After negotiations and gimmick price drops, you may get them down to about $30K. They pay their installers very poorly by the way for the amount that they're charging. They do have some of the better subcontractors out there compared to lower priced window franchise dealers, but at least 30% of their pricing goes back into their marketing machine.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would guess they lead out at about $3,500 per opening and just under 40K. They will drop to the middle to high 20's because they must really like you (sarcasm).

I am all about some efficiency and cash/check discounts, but the stuff they do is...well...

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

You are basically asking how to get ripped off fairly.
It’s gotta be an honest sale persons dream to come in after A Renewal sales person. To get the best price I would schedule a Window World sales person at the same time , take the 2 quotes and divide by 2.
In all honesty I would skip them altogether unless you like sitting through high pressure sales tactics and bs.
I would look at other products by Andersen and Marvin if you are looking for a wood window. If vinyl will work the options are wider and the cost is less with better performance numbers with quality products.
I think it would be best to start your post all over and tell us what you are specifically looking for in a window and ask us for recommendations, no one here is gonna recommend Renewal. There product is decent but they are taking advantage of what It is proclaimed to be. It is no better than the A-Series or the Woodwright unless you prefer the looks and that would be the only reason to go with it.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

They may take 20k off the price if you let them put a sign on your lawn which makes total sense because putting a sign on someone’s lawn is worth 20k.

MN_Guy

#6 Post by MN_Guy »

Delaware Mike wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:29 pm After negotiations and gimmick price drops, you may get them down to about $30K. They pay their installers very poorly by the way for the amount that they're charging. They do have some of the better subcontractors out there compared to lower priced window franchise dealers, but at least 30% of their pricing goes back into their marketing machine.
Thanks much for your response. There is no way I could do $30,000, if that's the ballpark, I'll likely skip the sales pitch.

MN_Guy

#7 Post by MN_Guy »

Windows on Washington wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:45 pm I would guess they lead out at about $3,500 per opening and just under 40K. They will drop to the middle to high 20's because they must really like you (sarcasm).

I am all about some efficiency and cash/check discounts, but the stuff they do is...well...
Thanks much for the insight. I was hoping for $1,200 - $1500 per window, sounds like that's a pipe dream with RBA. Anything significantly over 20K for the project is just too much for me to swallow.

MN_Guy

#8 Post by MN_Guy »

toddinmn wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:35 am You are basically asking how to get ripped off fairly.
It’s gotta be an honest sale persons dream to come in after A Renewal sales person. To get the best price I would schedule a Window World sales person at the same time , take the 2 quotes and divide by 2.
In all honesty I would skip them altogether unless you like sitting through high pressure sales tactics and bs.
I would look at other products by Andersen and Marvin if you are looking for a wood window. If vinyl will work the options are wider and the cost is less with better performance numbers with quality products.
I think it would be best to start your post all over and tell us what you are specifically looking for in a window and ask us for recommendations, no one here is gonna recommend Renewal. There product is decent but they are taking advantage of what It is proclaimed to be. It is no better than the A-Series or the Woodwright unless you prefer the looks and that would be the only reason to go with it.
Thanks for your thoughts here, that sounds like a fair assessment. I'm willing to pay somewhat of a premium for a one-stop-shop installation of a well reviewed product, but it sounds like RBA is egregious.

The fibrex window seemed like a decent option, but I would be fine with high quality vinyl or wood as well, not too picky. My main problem is not knowing how to find an experienced and trustworthy window install company that provides a fair price. RBA at least seemed like a big name brand that would be accountable and easy to work with. For the smaller/local companies, I can only work off Google reviews, and without any posted prices I don't know where to start without getting a whole bunch of estimates. I tried the Angie's List app but they're pretty much useless, just giving my number away for companies to call me.

If you have any suggestions for how to locate/identify high quality window contractors (who don't charge a huge markup), I would definitely appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

MN_Guy

#9 Post by MN_Guy »

masterext wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:02 am They may take 20k off the price if you let them put a sign on your lawn which makes total sense because putting a sign on someone’s lawn is worth 20k.
That is a screaming deal, where do I sign??? :lol:

Endlessquest

#10 Post by Endlessquest »

I called renewal By Anderson to replace 3 windows (2 casement with a half moon topper) and they started out at $18,000 but if I signed today and with his managers approval he could go down to $13.500. Next day Window Depot quoted me $2,400 for the Okna 600 premium vynal window. After several other company quotes ranging from 4k to 10k I went with Window Depot.

Windows on Washington

#11 Post by Windows on Washington »

Endlessquest wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:40 am I called renewal By Anderson to replace 3 windows (2 casement with a half moon topper) and they started out at $18,000 but if I signed today and with his managers approval he could go down to $13.500. Next day Window Depot quoted me $2,400 for the Okna 600 premium vynal window. After several other company quotes ranging from 4k to 10k I went with Window Depot.
A bit of both ends of the spectrum in this example. Clearly the first price is outlandish and insane, but the cheapest option is RARELY the best option as well. I would say that more folks are burned by the cheaper option than they are by the most expensive option.

That said, that is a great window you got. Just commenting on the averages though.

Windows on Washington

#12 Post by Windows on Washington »

MN_Guy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:51 pmThanks much for your response. There is no way I could do $30,000, if that's the ballpark, I'll likely skip the sales pitch.
I would hazard a guess that it is way closer to 40K than 30K. Maybe over for that matter.

MN_Guy

#13 Post by MN_Guy »

Endlessquest wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:40 am I called renewal By Anderson to replace 3 windows (2 casement with a half moon topper) and they started out at $18,000 but if I signed today and with his managers approval he could go down to $13.500. Next day Window Depot quoted me $2,400 for the Okna 600 premium vynal window. After several other company quotes ranging from 4k to 10k I went with Window Depot.
So RBA quoted $4,500 per window including installation. That's so high, I just cannot imagine. Thanks for sharing.

MN_Guy

#14 Post by MN_Guy »

Windows on Washington wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:23 am
MN_Guy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:51 pmThanks much for your response. There is no way I could do $30,000, if that's the ballpark, I'll likely skip the sales pitch.
I would hazard a guess that it is way closer to 40K than 30K. Maybe over for that matter.
Glad I consulted with you all. I'm going to skip RBA and look at other options. Part of me is almost curious enough to call them for an estimate just to see how crazy it is. Probably not worth the 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Thanks!

Randy

#15 Post by Randy »

90 minutes is just the warm up for the sales presentation. :lol:

It’s not uncommon for them to be in the house for 2 - 3 hours.