Help deciding on new Vinyl windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
roady

Help deciding on new Vinyl windows

#1 Post by roady »

Hello and thanks for being added to the forum. I have a house in MD that I built roughly 21 years ago with Pella casement windows that are now in pretty bad shape. I want to replace them myself and trying to decide on what windows to get.

So far we have looked at ProVia Aspect, Windsor Classic, Harvey, and waiting for a quote to come back on Viwinco. I have seen and read about the Okna windows but havent found a place to get a quote yet on them. Any recommendations in the Eastern Shore Maryland/Delaware area?

We are looking for a White vinyl window with Extension jambs for 2X6 walls and a built in J-Channel for the vinyl sliding to go into. Still trying to decide if we want Single or Double hung.

Appreciate any help or support.

Windows on Washington

Re: Help deciding on new Vinyl windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Wouldn't hand my hat on the build in J-channel. You doing the siding at the same time?

Just supplied a buddy of mine with windows for his build out in Kent Island. He went with Okna 800's, pre-attached jamb extensions, double pane, deluxe, no grids.

roady

#3 Post by roady »

Windows on Washington wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:16 pm Wouldn't hand my hat on the build in J-channel. You doing the siding at the same time?

Just supplied a buddy of mine with windows for his build out in Kent Island. He went with Okna 800's, pre-attached jamb extensions, double pane, deluxe, no grids.
Siding is already in place and existing. My hopes was to remove the old Pella casements and install the new windows in there place. Was hoping to be able to use the integrated J-channel to eliminate having to buy new J-channel and install it. Is that not a good idea? What would you recommend?

Is there somewhere I could see and get a quote on the Okna's? I am not to far from the Kent Island area and work near Columbia MD.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you want to email me some pictures of your exterior, I can let you know if this will work. As a guess, I would say you are going to have some issues getting that to "line up".

enovotny@windowsonwashington.net

roady

#5 Post by roady »

Windows on Washington wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:28 am If you want to email me some pictures of your exterior, I can let you know if this will work. As a guess, I would say you are going to have some issues getting that to "line up".

enovotny@windowsonwashington.net
Thank you, Getting pictures for you now and will send them.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Will check email now.

uncle eddie

#7 Post by uncle eddie »

^^^ Hopefully that guy^^^ can help, but if not, I'd keep looking. Nothing to write home about so far.