Multiple Window Quotes in North Texas

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Stone84

Multiple Window Quotes in North Texas

#1 Post by Stone84 »

After a lot of research and looking at a lot of windows I have narrowed the decision down to a the quotes below. In the DFW there's not a great mix of upper tier vinyl windows so we ended up looking at everything from thermally break aluminum to mid-tier vinyl and one quote for upper tier Soft-Lift Imperial Elite from Zen Windows.

We are leaning toward Anlin vinyl windows, because they seem to be the best value for the money in this market. I'm not totally sure they're as good as the SL Imperial Elite, but I don't think the SL is $5K better.

16 total windows with preferred setup of 4 double hung, 2 single hung, 10 Single Slider, however not all installers are willing or able to offer this mix.

Quote 1 - $11,600 for Don Young Aluminum Thermal Break windows from Metroplex Windows. The installer is only willing to offer to single hung/single slider windows. Richardson Glass, which has been in business since 1957 is willing to offer the mix we prefer, but at a cost of $14,700. At that price it ends up cheaper to go with some vinyl windows.

Quote 2 - $12,800 NT Windows Presidential mix of single hung and double hung, but they can only do a picture window in our bathroom which is 36" x 12". We really wanted a single slider in the bathroom due to moisture. NT Windows have a thick frame too, which we're not big fans of.

Quote 3 - $13,500 Anlin windows mix of Panoramic and Coronado models installed by American Replacement Windows. We really like this brand and installer. We actually found them as an old Sunrise dealer that was used by another person on this board. We were really trying to find Sunrise windows in DFW, but when I called him he stated that Sunrise pulled out of Texas. He said it's "Damn shame because Sunrise was a good product, but Anlin is just as good and some features may be a little better."

The reviews are Anlin online are good and their warranty seems to be top notch. I like that they seems to be trying to continually innovate and based on what I've read, they stand behind their product.

Quote 4- $18,600 Soft-lite Imperial Elite double pane ($25,200 for triple pane) by Zen Windows. I know Soft-lite is a well regarded brand and the Imperial Elite appears to be a very good product, but I'm not convinced it's $5k better than the Anlin product. Zen Windows seems good enough, being a larger franchise dealer I think they would stand by their warranty, but they sure nickel and dime you on everything.

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on these. We almost went with Don Young and really liked the durability of those, but after seeing the Anlin windows and their efficiency ratings we started moving that direction and are pretty much ready to sign on the dotted line with them. We also think that the vinyl product may hold value slightly better, should we ever decide to sell. Are the SL Imperial Elites windows worth the extra money?

Thank you all

Stone84

Re: Multiple Window Quotes in North Texas

#2 Post by Stone84 »

Side note - I called Okna directly to ask if they had a dealer in the DFW area and the lady said they were just talking about that morning how they should add a dealer in Dallas. So if any of you pros are looking to add a product to your offering there may be an Okna dealership coming available here. I could be your first customer :D

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Has been discussed actually.

ChillinGrillin

#4 Post by ChillinGrillin »

Did you move forward with American Replacement Windows and the Anlin product?