We are remodeling 2 bathrooms in our home on the east coast and would like to add windows to them, both for ventilation and natural light. Both windows will be in the shower area due to the layout.
I'd love to hear your input on what we should keep an eye out for and recommendations for certain products we should look at?
We've gotten quotes for a Vinyl and Fiberglass option, details are below. Are these a good suggestion or should we consider anything else?
- The exterior wall is Cedar Plank siding over a 2x4 wall.
- Bathroom 1 will have an Awning window high over the tub, around 42" wide by 16" high (Obscured)
- Bathroom 2 will have a casement window in the shower (not in a high spray area), about 36"w by 48"h (Clear)
- Wood is out of the question, obviously.
- These will be tempered due to being in wet areas.
They are a small factory near us.
Fiberglass: Marvin Essential, $1300 for both, U=0.29, SHGC=.029 VT=0.49
The performance seems similar, and the Marvin Essential definitely looks nicer, but I'm wondering which one will fare better in a shower long term?
The Marvin has a 3 week longer lead time but I'd wait if it was worth it.
Marvin has color choices for free, but we're doing white so it should not matter much
Thanks for your input!!