Window replacement advice

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jonnyreb

Window replacement advice

#1 Post by jonnyreb »

Could anyone provide some advice about a window replacement quote I've received?

We got a quote for $30k (out the door). It is for 23 windows. 7 sliders, 2 arches, 1 picture window, the rest double hung. They are all double panel. uPVC. Some have colonial grids, maybe 4 of them are tempered glass. They have lifetime transferable warranty that apparently even covers accidental breakage. The windows are made by Vytex, their savannah collection. The installer is Synergy Windows.

They also said they will likely save us $85 off our energy bills. That is a 35% savings to our current avg bill.
Apparently our house will go up 31k in value if we replace our windows

Our current windows are original to the house from 2003. Some have condensation, some you can see the seal separating, a lot of them are stuck shut.

We are located in Metro Atlanta, GA.

I appreciate any input.

Windows on Washington

Re: Window replacement advice

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Good window brand to be certain. Making a statement about energy savings is a bold and ill advised strategy.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Solid window and the pricing doesn't seem out of line.

That said, I'll go a step further than WoW and say that you will NOT save 35% on your energy bill unless your current windows are in an atrocious, extraordinarily leaky state, and I'm not a fan at all of companies that make said claims. As a matter of fact there was a crackdown on similar practices some years ago, although at that time to was common for these unrealistic claims to be advertised and/or guaranteed.

Ricknez

#4 Post by Ricknez »

Vytex make a very good window.