Okna 800 Series (Enviro Star) vs Anlin Del Mar (Houston, TX)

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
ftw23

Okna 800 Series (Enviro Star) vs Anlin Del Mar (Houston, TX)

#1 Post by ftw23 »

Looking to replace all of the single pane windows on our house and have received quotes from a few different companies. The two we like the most are the Okna 800 Series (Enviro Star) and the Anlin Del Mar Series . Would be replacing 21 windows in total. Both quotes are around the same price from two different local companies with excellent reviews. The Oknas are double hung, but really not something that we care about (single hung would be fine). Would be mostly single/double hung windows and a few sliders.

Ran across this review that was not exactly singing the praises of the Okna 800s:

thewindowdog.com/okna-800-window-reviews/

Would love any feedback on why one of these might be preferred over the other. Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna 800 Series (Enviro Star) vs Anlin Del Mar (Houston, TX)

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Opinions are like...well...you know.

The Okna 800 is one of the 2 or 3 best vinyl replacement windows in the country. That review mostly just makes some points about glass and the magnetic seal which are both opinions. The viewable glass on the 800 is still much higher than many of the commonly sold products in vinyl and the magnetic seal is a bit of a sales benefit in the demo, but it does also have a 0.01 air infiltration rating. So...while not a huge improvement over the 500 series, still vastly better than the majority of replacement products.

To answer you question, the Okna is the better window in this comparison.

Lastly...if you aren't getting that quote from Randy at Ultra Windows...that is what I would recommend first and foremost.

ftw23

#3 Post by ftw23 »

Windows on Washington wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:29 am The Okna 800 is one of the 2 or 3 best vinyl replacement windows in the country.
Thanks. What are the other top vinyl replacement windows? (And, yes, getting a quote from Randy/Ultra)

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

It hardly matters what the other best high performance vinyl windows are if they are not available in your market.

Vytex HP Potomac
Soft-Lite Elements

Also I am another fan of Randy.

wayne theWindowNerd

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1.

You're down to the short and elite list of products and contractors.

Trust me.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

^^^What he said^^^

Top tier product and excellent company to install. Slam dunk!

ErIs

#7 Post by ErIs »

I'm curious. Can you give a range for the estimate you got. I'm starting to explore replacement windows options. I am wanting to see if these higher end windows are even in my range. I'm around the Houston area. We would be replace 24 year Jeld-wenn single glass and single hung windows. Also, I really just want installers who use skilled workers who take some pride in their work and reputation.

I feel like there is so much work in Houston (for all contractor work) that many just don't care about doing good work on the job they are on.

I'll ask in another post too but I am curious to know if the high end windows available in market are out of price range, then what is a step down. Brands that have good warranty, good quality, will offer some help keeping the heat out (currently feel heat and cold radiating though old windows).

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Make sure that anytime you are doing price "comparisons" that you have the work scope details and options of the products that you are attempting to compare. "Small" differences can make for huge price shifts.

ErIs

#9 Post by ErIs »

That's for this tip!