Replacement Windows Dallas area

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Kathy3

Replacement Windows Dallas area

#1 Post by Kathy3 »

First, great site; tons of information for the customer.

Replacing original ten 1997 aluminum windows Starting with the back of a West facing house, so lots of heat!

Would like your opinion on the bids received so far for single hung vinyl windows (mostly 36 x 72)

Burris Techview AC $8216
Anlin Del Mar expanded series (triple or 4 pane) $12,950
Pella 250 series $16,900

I am waiting for an Alside Window bid

Im surprised by the variance-would love your advice on the current bids and if there is someone else to request bids from. The more info I get, the more confusing it is!

Randy

Re: Replacement Windows Dallas area

#2 Post by Randy »

The options for better vinyl windows are limited in DFW, unfortunately.

Anlin’s pocket sill is always a non-starter for me. It’s a poor design that increases profitability for the manufacturer but serves the customer poorly.

Burris TectView uses a sloped sill and it's a decent window, but I would look for a stouter frame.

Pella = no

Alside = no

I’d recommend getting a quote on NT Windows. They have three lines that are basically equal and worthy of consideration: Traditions (exclusive dealers), Presidential, Energy Master.

Good luck with your search!

Kathy3

#3 Post by Kathy3 »

Randy-
Thank you for our help in sifting through all this window information
decided to go with the NT Energy Master windows, based on your suggestion
Happily, they were the most competitive priced too!

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

If Randy was helpful...a 5 star Google Review is always a nice way to reward that information and assistance.

Kathy3

#5 Post by Kathy3 »

Randy-I have one more question about actual Cardinal glass in vinyl replacement window units.

Being told that NT Windows has the cardinal glass components delivered then they assemble it themselves and Burris XL glass is assembled, as unit, by Cardinal glass and then shipped for window assembly. seems like better quality control to have the glass unit assembled by Cardinal. (hope this makes sense to you) you have recommended the structure Of the NT windows but now wondering about the glass inside...

Thoughts?

And I will be happy to post a 5 star review

Randy

#6 Post by Randy »

Hi Kathy. I understand your reasoning, and while there might be a slight advantage to having Cardinal assemble the IG unit, it’s not enough of a difference to sway me one way or the other.