Alside Windows from a local vendor - right price?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
MB54up

Alside Windows from a local vendor - right price?

#1 Post by MB54up »

Hi - I'm looking at replacing a house full of windows (27 total, that are a mix of one large picture, several double hung/single hung, and sliders). They're going to use Alside Mezzo ClimaTech Elite and are quoting us $51K all in (windows, install, tax). In WA outside Seattle. Company has good reviews and I know Alside has been around a while, also has solid business performance. They provided "sample" quotes from Anderson and Pella as comparison (e.g., this is what this would cost from those companies). We've had windows replaced in other houses, but on the East Coast and only a few windows at a time. Would love any advice on overall cost and the quality of these windows specifically! The vendor is putting in a clause to pay for installation of any repair/replacement which is the only thing the warranty doesn't specifically cover. Thanks!

I should add that this is at an "Advertising House" deal. The "original" quote (before discount) was $113K. All I have to do for the discount is host a sign in my yard, post a review (I write it and they cannot edit it), and share a copy of my energy bills for one year post-install to showcase how much energy we've saved.

toddinmn

Re: Alside Windows from a local vendor - right price?

#2 Post by toddinmn »

The window is not that good. The Sales tactics are just that. Don’t sign anything and wait for the other Pro’s to chime in.

Delaware Mike

Re: Alside Windows from a local vendor - right price?

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Marketing outfits that just happen to perform "home improvements" love that dated tin man "model home" nonsense. Create a fictional price that no window was ever sold at just to create a "too good" to be true once in a lifetime opportunity with a heavy dose of fear of loss.

The Mezzo isn't the worst vinyl offering out there, but factor in the horrible quality control and flimsy frame and I would say it's a 4 out of a 10 on it's best day. I think you need more estimates personally.