Original window data

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
debrad52

Original window data

#1 Post by debrad52 »

Hi all,
I am trying to find the original data on the windows in a home I recently purchased. They are vinyl double hung double pane windows. On the windows it says Comfortworld AMI11E2190 IGOO <R>. They are dated 6-4-07. I would like to re-use some of them in an addition we are adding and the city code requires a data sheet on these windows.
Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can find this information?
Thanks in advance!

Windows on Washington

Re: Original window data

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Most likely a window world window. Any other stickers on it?

Pictures of the interior and exterior?

debrad52

#3 Post by debrad52 »

I don’t live at the house but I will take some pictures when I go there and post them. Thanks for your response!

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1, should be a Alside/AMI product installed by Window World. I'd try contacting your local WW first and see if they can help. If not, the manufacturer should be able to, it will just be a matter of getting ahold of someone willing to help.

All of that said, what does the city code require? In 2007, I'd guess that you have a U value of something like .35 give or take which is not going to pass many requirements these days -- nearly 20 years later... and then there is the matter of the condition of those windows, including after having been removed.

While I'm no advocate for low end windows, these weren't top of the line back then so you might consider just picking up some newer units from a building supply house or something of that nature. If you have a contractor completing this addition for you, I suspect that they'd much rather install new windows and the price may not be much different given the hassle of trying to remove those without damage.

debrad52

#5 Post by debrad52 »

Thank you so much for your insight. I did assume that the windows were not top quality but actually they are doing well in keeping the electric bills low, even in this crazy hot weather! Just trying to keep expenses as low as possible during a big remodel. I know that sounds like an oxymoron in 2024!
But your point is well taken and I suppose i will end up buying some new windows that will be even more energy efficient.
Any suggestions for cost effective new casement windows? My architect seems to favor them since it is a mid-century modern remodel.
Thanks again.