Narrowing the field...

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Brian

Narrowing the field...

#1 Post by Brian »

Hi everyone,

I have it down to two choices for replacement windows. Gorell 5300 series double pane, argon filled and Winstrom Conserve series double pane, argon filled. Pricing is identical for these two windows. But, I am still undecided as to which is the better window for the money. Please give any opinions you have as to which one you would chose and why?
If FenEx, Art, or Window4U(IL) read this I want you to know that Schuco is my first choice, but I'm not sure my budget will allow it.

Thank you very much,
Brian

johnny shepherd

Gorell 5300

#2 Post by johnny shepherd »

I was quoted a price of $6000 for 14 standard windows. I think that's too high but it was less than the Carribean which was about $2000 more.

What was the price quoted to you for the Gorell?

WVUGUY

Brian, if Schuco is REALLY what you want..............

#3 Post by WVUGUY »

......then call your local dealer, and tell him where he needs to be from a pricing standpoint for a window spec'd comparably to the 5300/Conserve. I'm guessing he'd be delighted to quote you the Corona 2000; a perfectly fine double-glazed/argon window in its own right.

It might not be their 5-star, triple-glazed, krypton-filled Corona 4000 with which everyone around here has become so obsessed. But then again, I don't think you're comparing it with Gorrell or Winstrom's top-of-the-line windows, either. Of course, if your head says 4000.....but your wallet says 2000.....then you obviously have a decision to make.

BTW, as you continue your evaluations, don't allow yourself to be lured into the notion that you'll be sorry with any window purchase that doesn't ultimately include Schuco. Several months ago, you couldn't find anyone that was more pumped up over the Schuco 4000 than myself. However, circumstances were such that I ended up being "forced" to purchase a competing product, and I couldn't be happier with my selection.

If you take your time, I'm sure you'll find that Schuco indeed is only one of many avenues to a great window replacement experience.