SCHUCO PRICES!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
cin

SCHUCO PRICES!

#1 Post by cin »

I would like to compare the price I was quoted by New
England Sash for Schuco windows. I was quoted a price
of 14,300 for 23 windows, double pane. I think this is
on the expensive side, and think we can probably get
a better deal -- we have until Thursday to decide. PLEASE,
if anyone else has gotten a quote for these windows, I
would be curious about it. Thanks!!!

mybaby2028

#2 Post by mybaby2028 »

Cin,
While I can't be sure on the quote (mine included double hung, pictures, and a bay but was more than double the quote you received), I wonder why they are offerring double pane. I was told by NE Sash back in July that they could no longer offer customers the double paned window after July 31st. . .Perhaps it is a "sales tactic" used by NE Sash but it makes me further question their "policies." Assuming you go with NE Sash (the only Shucco dealer in the area), be wary that every single detail is spelled out to your liking in the contract and that you get everything in writing. Good luck!

Mark

#3 Post by Mark »

cin - I'm thinking that the experts will want to know the size and type of windows before they can give you an idea. Something like:
x# of double-hungs at xx" by yy". Grids? Safety glass? PAL locks? Full screens? Krypton or Argon? Series 2000 or 4000?
x# of patio doors at xx" by yy".
x# of casements at xx" by yy".
x# of in line sliders at xx" by yy".
x# of single hungs, bay windows, bow windows, gardent windows, etc, etc.
External capping?

If you post it before they see your question, then they'll probably be able to get you an answer sooner.

Also, I hear, but I don't know for a fact, that haggling over window prices is a common thing. Have you haggled yet?

Mark - an Atlanta homeowner also in the process of looking for replacement windows

rsb66

#4 Post by rsb66 »

If this matters or anything, I was quoted $18,000 for 14 tripple pane double hungs w/grids, a Bay with double hungs w/grids, and a 5ft patio slider without grids, Installation, replacement of rotted sills, trim work and removal of old windows. I thought that was reasonable. Sorry, I don't have the dimensions handy.

Guy

#5 Post by Guy »

cin, your price looks good no matter what windows you have. If you have bigger windows or a patio door, then it makes it all the better.

rsb66, your price is kind of scary. I don't know if they're building a roof on your bay or not? I also don't know the application but it seems a bit high. But then I really don't know the particulars.

Also remember this is the time of year we are crazy nuts. We will bid the jobs high to get them. So if we don't it's no big deal. So if your really looking for a break at this time of the year, it's going to be a tough one!!