Oberon & FenX, opinion needed on a new spacer!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Guy

Oberon & FenX, opinion needed on a new spacer!

#1 Post by Guy »

My window supplier has changed their spacer. It's now a new product called: "VildaV92". Any opinions on this product and how it's holding up? I think they are using the Super Spacer first and then this behind it. I'm not sure yet. I know they use edge deletion on their glass. I'm not quite sure what to expect. Any opinions would be great.

Guy

Oberon

Spacer

#2 Post by Oberon »

It is actually not a spacer...it is the stainless insert into the Intercept system.
It is probably a big improvement over the Intercept system when using tin-coated steel (which is relatively common - and not to PPG's liking) both in energy performance and in longevity.
Intercept performance has suffered due to a couple of issues, but primarily due to window company manufacturing "variations" and the VildaV92 is an attempt to improve on the perceived problem areas.
I am not thrilled that they advertise this system as a "gas-free" product, but that is marketing and not performance driven.
I can understand that PPG needs to upgrade the Intercept product. They have lost a bunch of manufacturers over the past few years (I can name four in the past year or so - and that is just ones I know of personally) and they need to do something to retain their market share.
Good product? I suspect it is although I have not actually done anything with it to date.