Direct delivery for 23 windows and 2 sliding porch doors.

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
windows23

Direct delivery for 23 windows and 2 sliding porch doors.

#1 Post by windows23 »

Hello all,
I would like to replace 23 windows and 2 sliding porch doors in my house in New England and willing to do it by myself. I have my friend is helping me though, so it is not a problem.

My question is how I can get delivery directly from the manufacturer, since I want to save on the distributor fees.

I understand it is a big order for me, but probably a small one for the manufacturer, so is it possible at all to make it happen? Any suggestions regarding possible budget I need to stretch to and reliable manufacturers to contact?

I am looking for GOOD windows, not junky ones, but not the most expensive too.
I would appreciate this knowledgeable crowd for a valuable input.

HomeSealed

Re: Direct delivery for 23 windows and 2 sliding porch doors.

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Most if not all good manufacturers (and even most bad ones) will not sell directly to a consumer. You'll need to contact either a building supply house, or a dealer who offers cash and carry. Even if they would, you'd likely be charged full list price which is more than you'd pay from a supply house anyway.

Skydawggy.

Re: Direct delivery for 23 windows and 2 sliding porch doors.

#3 Post by Skydawggy. »

You should understand that if you mis-order the windows, there are no returns. That means incorrect measurements, glass, options etc. It also means that if you don't install them correctly and have a problem, there is no warranty. Window manufacturers and distributors don't have return policies like Walmart. Hopefully you have enough experience installing windows that saving on the install will be beneficial to you. If not and you get started and run into some issues, you will be hard pressed to find an installer who would be willing to come in and take over without charging a premium. We get calls from people who try and install themselves and want us to take over. We simply deduct our wholesale dealers cost of the windows from our regular installed price and that's what the customer pays. Not saying you can't do it, just letting you know the consequences if you screw it up and damage a window etc.