Latest on Burris

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
eevv

Latest on Burris

#1 Post by eevv »

I wondered if anyone has had Burris windows installed and can share their opinions and experiences. I am in the DFW area of Texas. We are considering the Techview EX. Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Latest on Burris

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I don't know the Burris window but both Randy and anthony service the Dallas area and should know that product quite well.

I will wait for them to post.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

Burris makes an average quality window - comparable to NT or Simonton. In other words, there's much better windows available, but there are also much worse. If you have really big windows and/or a lot of rounded windows, they might be a reasonable choice.

Assuming you're in Texas, I'd recommend upgrading to Cardinal's Low-E366 if you end up going with Burris, rather than the standard 270.

eevv

#4 Post by eevv »

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at the Tectview EX with LOE 366 , Argon , tempered, double hung, with simulated lites. two things we liked about the Burris window are the exceptionally easy to use balance for opening and closing and the double strength glass. We have one fairly large window but are leaning towards breaking it up. We were quoted 5100 for nine windows (including install). I felt like that was a fair price and it is actually a little over our budget since our rehaul is largely cosmetic. We have original windows circa 1968 but no real problems. Any significantly better product that will come in less with these features?

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

eev, those are pretty standard options. I know that Randy offers a few options that are far superior to that product, and in an extreme climate like yours I'd highly recommend purchasing the best quality that you can find. I can't comment on exact pricing, but I can say that you won't find a better value that what he has to offer when quality of product and installation are considered. You can click the "Get a quote" button by his name if you'd like to contact him.

Randy

#6 Post by Randy »

When you say "simulated lites" do you mean grids between the glass or the actual simulated divided lives (SDL) where the bars are attached to the glass?

eevv

#7 Post by eevv »

By simulated lites I mean they will be hand applied on the exterior, not between the glass. Also, one of the driving forces in choosing this window is we have interior plantation shutters that blocked other windows from swinging in for cleaning. The framing on the burris window was just thick enough to allow this feature to work in our set up.

Randy

#8 Post by Randy »

That's not a bad price at all, considering the fact that you're getting SDL's. As long as you're confident in the installation details.