Starmarks anygood?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
feclemand

Starmarks anygood?

#1 Post by feclemand »

I've seen alot of talk about how highly rated these windows are. Does anybody have any pictures of their double hung window? I'm interested in seeing the exterior. Are the corners mitered where the sashes meet rails?

I'm in the Chicago market and I am looking to purchase 18 new double hung windows of various sizes. I'm also looking at Marvin Integrity and Pella Proline.

Thanks!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Starmarks anygood?

#2 Post by masterext »

Marvin Integrity is not in the same league as Starmark. Starmark has much better structural and energy efficiency numbers. pella proline is a lower quality window in my opinion.
The Marvin Infinity is a nice window but again, Starmark beats it on performance.

feclemand

#3 Post by feclemand »

Does anybody have any pictures of the starmark double hung window? I'm interested in seeing the exterior. Are the corners mitered where the sashes meet the rails?

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

You will be impressed with the looks and performance of the Starmark window.
There is a pro, Window4U, who post on this forum who works in your area and does some fantastic things with the Starmarks.
He also takes a lot of pictures so he will be able to post up some things for you.
As you might be able to tell I would suggest that you contact him through this forum to "Get a Quote".
In your next post add your zip code so he can tell if you are in his service area.

theWindowNerd...
Last edited by TheWindowNerd on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

feclemand

#5 Post by feclemand »

My zip code is 60622. What's the deal though. I see there are alot of dealers on this site who like the starmarks, nobody has any exterior pictures of the double hung frames?

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Have you gone to their website?
http://www.starmarkwindows.com
You can see the mitered and welded sash corners.
You will also see the stainable version.
Dave of Window4U should pop up sometime.
You can also do a search here and on http://www.vinyl-replacement-windows.com on Starmark. Dave has posted pictures before of this product.
Last edited by TheWindowNerd on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Here's a few pics for you of the Starmark Cellular Composite window. If there are any special views you want just ask.
....Dave

Outside sash corner.

Outside top corner frame and sash. Sorry it's a little blurry.

View looking towards bottom on exterior.

New construction Starmark install in Wheaton with 1/2 screen. Casing and sill was added to give a traditional look and then wrapped with brickmold style aluminum.

Double hung installed with full screen and Simulated Divided Lite Grids. The full screen changes the look quite a bit.

Might as well throw in a couple interior pics too... :mrgreen:

Woodgrain Double Hung custom stained to match existing trim.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

All good advice above.
The Starmark a great window and Windows4U is an excellent resource in the Chicago area. Being just north of the border I've sent him several referrals and received nothing but glowing reviews.

uncle eddie

#9 Post by uncle eddie »

Great shots above.
@ fecalman, the Starmark is a tremendous choice.