ProVia Endure whole house replacement

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jgw1985

ProVia Endure whole house replacement

#1 Post by jgw1985 »

I have a quote for 30k to replace 26 windows in my house. 15 double hung, 3 double slider and 8 picture windows. These are all ProVia Endure, white frames. 18 windows have CG 270 coating, 8 (south facing) will upgrade to 366 and neat.

Does this quote seem accurate/good?

toddinmn

Re: ProVia Endure whole house replacement

#2 Post by toddinmn »

The price seems in range. The Pro-Via is better than most , but there are better ones.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Where are you located? The 366 glass may not be the upgrade that you are looking for depending on your location.

Secondly, as Todd alluded to, pricing is in the normal range these days, although you can probably get a better window in that same ballpark.

jgw1985

#4 Post by jgw1985 »

I live in Colorado so I figured the south facing would be a good upgrade. I think it was $70/window more.

What would be some other reputable brands? I had bids from a few companies. Mostly pitched Simonton (26-28k) I had renewal by Andersen out and told them to leave (105k) and champion windows (75k)

I'm going to be upgrading from 23 year old builder grade windows in a house I bought a few years ago. Pretty sure anything is an upgrade at this point.

toddinmn

#5 Post by toddinmn »

It is better than the other options. I don’t think Colorado gets the better brands often mentioned here. Hard to say on the glass, there is more to it. Than direction they face. Triple panes may be worth looking into.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

jgw1985

#7 Post by jgw1985 »

Thanks for the replies! I'm probably going to move forward with them. Installed by a local company that's been around since the 90s and will lifetime warranty them. Like you said Todd, not many choices it seems

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Sunrise (now branded MI) should be available in your neck of the woods. I'd consider getting a look at that product before making a final choice. Product quality will generally speak to the quality of install dealer as well. Guys that truly care about their craft want to install the best products that they can and are willing to spend more on it to do so.