Pella Impervia replacement glass

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
HH91302

Pella Impervia replacement glass

#1 Post by HH91302 »

i bought 42 Pella Impervia windows with grilles. Windows arrived with either broken or uneven grilles. Pella agreed to replace with no grilles. My question is three fold - first, when they removed/replaced the glass, they installed the replacement glass by removing/replacing a rubber like strip. My concern has three parts - given that the replacement glass and rubber seal are not original factory sealed (i) will the replaced glass windows leak more original factory sealed glass? (ii) will they provide the same noise reduction as original factory sealed glass windows ? and (iii) I noticed that one of the rubber seals is beginning to "curl" instead of laying flat. I have not inspected the other 41 windows because I noticed it as I was leaving the house to catch my flight.

Windows on Washington

Re: Pella Impervia replacement glass

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

A window, when serviced by a professional, can have the glass removed and reset in the vast majority of cases, without any impact on performance or water tightness. They are designed to be services.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. No real worries here, this type of service is done every day in the industry

groundcommand

#4 Post by groundcommand »

Sorry to hear about the issues with your Pella Impervia windows. Regarding your concerns, it's advisable to reach out to Pella directly for clarification. They should be able to address whether the replacement glass might impact the original factory seal, affect noise reduction, or if the curled rubber seal is a common issue. Your peace of mind is crucial, and Pella's customer service can provide specific insights into the installation process and potential impacts.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »