Anybody hear of Newtown Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
SteelersFan

Anybody hear of Newtown Windows

#1 Post by SteelersFan »

Saw these windows in my window journey. Nobody has heard of them. They sell under the umbrella as 'Americas Window Authroity'. Taken from http://www.thisonline.com/links.htm.

Americas Window Authority
AWA is a buying group of eleven large local replacement window contractors east of the Mississippi, sharing information and purchasing power to assist the actions of a noted window manufacturer. The EXCLUSIVE manufacturer for AWA is the Newtown/Slocomb Window Company. Newtown/Slocomb is owned by a family nationally renowned in the area of window design, engineering, and manufacturing.

They are made in Wilkes Barre, Pa (south of Scranton, Pa in NE Pa.

They acutally hand stuff the hollow vinyl frames with pink insulation! The sales guy raved about that point. They sell the 'heat mirror' window also. Cost for 24 holes: 21 thousand dollars.

Here is their web site: http://newtownwindows.com/

tah

#2 Post by tah »

Newtown is a "daughter" company of Slocomb windows.

They are mid-grade windows on a good day, a VERY good day. Not complete junk, but certainly not as good as it sounds like the salesman wanted you to believe.

One of the companies in my market who I consider to be thieves of the highest order sell Newtown windows. This is their step-down product when they can't get $1000 a hole. Even though they are crooks their price on the non Heat Mirror Newtown window is about $450 a hole. I didn't think you could get Heat Mirror in the Newtown or Slocomb lines, could be wrong, certainly have been before.

$875 apiece huh? No way! Even IF they are Heat Mirror, maybe $550 each.
I'm not a salesman, but I play one on TV!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I was just looking online at "Americas Window Authority".

WOW! They give a 59% fuel savings pledge!!!!!! :shock:
Let's see, 59% on top of the 25% I'm going to save on my new furnace, and 40% I'm going to save on reinsulating my house, and 15% I'm going to save on an automatic thermostat......let's see....wow, I'm going to save 139% on my fuel bills!

They also give you $100 for your old windows!!!! I think I'm going to bring them a semi full of my old ones. Man, am I going to make some money.

They also give you one window FREE when you buy 3. I'll buy 3 basement hopper windows and take a FREE 12' x 6' bow window.

And best of all you get FREE installation, FREE capping, Free self cleaning glass, FREE screen, and a FREE warranty. (I like the last one the best)

GIMMICKS, GIMMICKS, AND MORE GIMMICKS. All in one ad too.

windowrep

#4 Post by windowrep »

W4U i think you are being sarcastic. besides 139% is a little overstated, i think you would be alittle more realistic at 121%. just trying to be conservative so you dont get your hopes up. lol