Provia Endure vs Okna (400/600) Long Island, NY

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Ridgehand22

Provia Endure vs Okna (400/600) Long Island, NY

#1 Post by Ridgehand22 »

All,
I got quoted for $570/each for 9 double hung for Provia Endure windows (total of $5130.00) . I've asked the window guy what about Okna but he said that the Provia was a very good window. Kept pushing it but never gave me a price for the Okan windows. All in all, he was giving me the speech about warranty on Provia, etc.

Now its been a few months since I spoke with him but I think I wanted the 600 series Okna not the 400 but he insisted that only the 400 would be great in the house.

Also, I wanted a bowed 5 panel front bay window replaced and he said he will do Okna for that. I think the cost was like $4,700 or something like that. Is that a good price?

I'm not sure why he's pushing the Provia. Do they make promises from the manufacturer that they will sell xx amount of windows per year and get a price for that particular window?

The company has good reviews. Not sure why he kept pressing the Provia. I have all Provia doors in the house and they are excellent. Just by reading this forum the Okna is what I want but to keep pushing Provia, something is strange about that.

Ricknez

Re: Provia Endure vs Okna (400/600) Long Island, NY

#2 Post by Ricknez »

So what if he is pushing provia, is he paying for your windows???
If not, go with the Okna.

toddinmn

#3 Post by toddinmn »

Get another bid with someone who get the 600.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Are these prices for product only? If installed, they sound like they are from 2010 and below cost for a reputable company these days.

As far as product, you are probably on the right track. He likely doesn't have access to anything but the 400 series from Okna, and gets a better deal on Provia perhaps due to volume. Provia doors are very nice as you know, I don't feel the same about the windows.

I agree with the thought that the 600 is a better option here, that's what I'd pursue. In the event that these are installed prices, I'd probably do it through someone else because this guy may be about to go under, with or without good reviews.

toddinmn

#5 Post by toddinmn »

Ask them the same question you are asking yourself.
Why you promoting Pro-Via on the others and Okna on the bay? I stick to the brand I sell and don’t mix the products . All the questions that come to mind you should ask them and they should be able to answer them in a way you are comfortable with and understand. I always get worried when A consumer comes here to feel validated. If it ever happens to me I would consider it failure in my part.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Those prices must be product only without installation. ProVia does have pricing platforms for their dealers. The higher one's purchase volume, the better the pricing is for them. It seems to me as a certified ProVia dealer, the call backs due to quality control and what it takes to make the product 100% correct to collect the balance on the product would warrant sticking with OKNA. None of these manufacturers are perfect.